MacIver Institute To Gov. Tony Evers: Now Is The Time To Share With Wisconsin Basic Public Information About Covid-19
[Madison, Wisc…] The John K. MacIver Institute asked Governor Tony Evers Friday to share key information and data that he has apparently used in his decision-making process to issue the shelter-in-place order, Safer at Home. The Evers Administration has not released information on the number of individuals who have tested positive for Covid-19 and require hospitalization. To date, the Evers Administration has only released a regular update on the number of individuals tested and the number of individuals who have passed away.
The Evers Administration has also failed to release publicly the name of specific model or models they used to predict that between 440 – 1,500 Wisconsinites would die by April 8th “if we continued on the current path” or any documentation from that exercise to show the public how they arrived at their range.
“Gov. Evers, we know you believe in science. We are asking you to show Wisconsinites at your press conference this afternoon the science you are using to make these decisions,” said Healy.
The hospitalization rate of positive test cases is key. Some have predicted that Covid-19 will overwhelm our hospitals and our health care system but we will not know if that is happening here in Wisconsin unless the Evers Administration track in real-time the number of individuals who have a serious-enough case of the virus that he/she requires hospitalization.
Later today at 1:30 pm, Gov. Evers will hold a regularly-scheduled press conference with DHS Secretary-designee Andrea Palm. The Wisconsin public can watch the press conference at the DHS YouTube page or at WisconsinEye.
“Many of our friends and neighbors will lose their jobs in the near future. Many of our small businesses will not survive until April 24th and will be forced to close forever. The decisions you are making right now, without full transparency, will have a dramatic impact on the Wisconsin way of life and the livelihoods of millions of Wisconsinites. Wisconsinites deserve access to all the information and data that you have used to reach these decisions Gov. Evers”, Healy said.
- WI Daily: 308 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 9th, 2021
- WI Daily: 525 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 8th, 2021
- COVID-19 Testing Results Must Be Made Public - Erika Siemsen - May 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 662 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 7th, 2021
- In New Interview, Ron Johnson Parrots Tucker Carlson’s Vaccine Lies - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - May 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 667 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 6th, 2021
- UW System campuses preparing for return of precollege and youth programs this summer - University of Wisconsin System - May 6th, 2021
- WI Daily: 639 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 5th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Ron Johnson Threatens Republicans - Bruce Thompson - May 5th, 2021
- WI Daily: 721 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 4th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by MacIver Institute
We Don’t Need More Hurdles Governor Evers - We Need To Reopen
The Permanent Damage That Extending “Safer at Home” Order Will Inflict On Our Families, Friends And Neighbors Is Not Supported By Science Or Common Sense