Johnson Doubles Down on Opposition to FDA Approved Pfizer Vaccine as Cases Rise Across Wisconsin
Madison, Wis. — As the Delta variant causes COVID cases to rise across Wisconsin, Ron Johnson has doubled down on his anti-vaccine rhetoric. Johnson sent a letter to the FDA falsely claiming that the drug that was certified is different from the one being used when in fact the two drugs are the same and were created in a joint effort by Pfizer and BioNTech.
Johnson’s latest dangerous stunt comes in a long line of actions and comments by Johnson that endanger Wisconsin’s public health and prolong the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Johnson routinely discourages people from getting vaccinated, brags about not being vaccinated himself, and uses unsubstantiated claims to argue the vaccine is dangerous, despite the shot being highly effective at preventing hospitalizations and death.
- He frequently pushes debunked and dangerous alternative medicine such as hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin, a common horse medicine, and used his Senate panel to elevate disgraced medical professionals who push disproven alternative medicine.
- He repeatedly questions the effectiveness of masks, despite them being supported by medical experts.
- Wisconsin to Offer COVID-19 Pfizer Vaccine Booster Doses - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Sep 27th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Cases Rise Again - Graham Kilmer - Sep 24th, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Sep 24th, 2021
- CVS Health Announces Availability of Pfizer-BioNTech Booster Shot to Eligible Populations - CVS Health - Sep 24th, 2021
- UW System announces two additional universities have reached 70% threshold - University of Wisconsin System - Sep 24th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement Regarding Passing of Officer Joseph Kurer - Gov. Tony Evers - Sep 23rd, 2021
- MATC to Host Public COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic at the Downtown Milwaukee Campus Sept. 28 - Milwaukee Area Technical College - Sep 23rd, 2021
- Op Ed: Biden is Right On Vaccine Mandates - John Torinus - Sep 23rd, 2021
- Pandemic Shows Value of Local Pharmacies - Elizabeth Dohms-Harter - Sep 22nd, 2021
- State Sen. Jacque Released From Hospital - Megan Hart - Sep 21st, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here