It’s Time for Legal Cannabis in Wisconsin
Governor Evers’ budget says yes to racial equity, yes to new tax revenue from cannabis, and yes to investing in our communities
MADISON, Wis. — Wisconsin voters have known for years: legal cannabis is a win-win for Wisconsin. Some of our politicians, however, have not figured that out yet. Fortunately, they will have the opportunity to change their mind as they take up Governor Evers’ budget proposal, which would legalize and tax cannabis for medical and recreational use.
Governor Evers’ proposal to legalize and tax cannabis would lessen racial discrimination in our justice system, get non-violent offenders out of our jails and prisons, and generate tax revenue, which could be reinvested in the communities that have been harmed by the disparate racial impacts of cannabis laws. It is time for Wisconsin to join its neighbors with modern drug laws that make our state safer and more prosperous.
Said A Better Wisconsin Together Deputy Director Director Mike Browne, “It’s time for Republicans in the legislature to come together with Wisconsinites across the state to legalize cannabis and build safe, vibrant communities.”
- High Time to Support Cannabis Legalization - State Sen. Melissa Agard - May 5th, 2021
- Op Ed: Senate Leader Blocks Marijuana Reform - Iuscely Flores - Apr 27th, 2021
- Cannabis Backers Switch Focus to Local Laws - Isiah Holmes - Apr 26th, 2021
- It’s Time for Legal Cannabis in Wisconsin - A Better Wisconsin Together - Apr 20th, 2021
- Evers, Advocates Discuss Justice System Reform, Legalizing Pot - Graham Kilmer - Apr 17th, 2021
- GOP State Senate Leader Dismisses Marijuana Legalization - Laurel White - Apr 16th, 2021
- Thousands of Wisconsinites Sign Petition in Support of Cannabis Legalization - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Mar 29th, 2021
- MKE County: Board Changes Pot Possession Fine to $1 - Graham Kilmer - Mar 26th, 2021
- County Board Adopts Resolution Reducing Marijuana Possession Penalty - Sup. Sylvia Ortiz-Velez - Mar 25th, 2021
- City Hall: Proposal Ends Fines for Pot Possession - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 23rd, 2021
Read more about Legalizing of Marijuana here