It’s time for America to move forward
Statement of Common Council President Cavalier Johnson November 9, 2020
Joe Biden received more votes than any other presidential candidate ever has, with the total vote count not yet finalized, and Kamala Harris becomes the first woman, and first woman of color, to serve as Vice President. This is in large part due to Black, Latino, Asian, Native American and other minority voters who turned out in large numbers proving that when they show up to the polls, they can decide elections. I hope this momentum is carried into further elections so these voices can continue to help shape all levels of our government.
Throughout Joe Biden’s campaign key themes included compassion and leadership, two things our country has been lacking of late from its highest office. I have confidence that the incoming administration will provide a path forward and work to do what is best for all Americans during a time in which we remain as divided as ever.
There will surely be hard work ahead of us as we begin to heal the wounds that exist, but we can, and must, make the decision to work together. That is how we will continue the work of striving to perfect our union, and I look forward to joining the next President to accomplish that goal.
- Recount Releases First Results - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 23rd, 2020
- ‘MAGA’ Rally in Wauwatosa Gathers Hundreds - Ethan Duran - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Day Three of Recount Brings Increasing Speed - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 22nd, 2020
- Recount Day Two Brings Objections, Gridlock - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 21st, 2020
- Friday Photos: Inside the Recount - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 20th, 2020
- No Ballots Counted On First Day of Recount - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 20th, 2020
- What To Expect With Milwaukee’s Recount - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 19th, 2020
- State Recount Turns Into Partisan Battle - Ruth Conniff - Nov 19th, 2020
- WEC Orders Presidential Election Recount - Wisconsin Elections Commission - Nov 19th, 2020
- Recount seeks to delegitimize our votes in a failed attempt to steal an election - Milwaukee Common Council - Nov 18th, 2020
Read more about 2020 General Election here
Recent Press Releases by Common Council President Cavalier Johnson
Statement of Common Council President Cavalier Johnson November 11, 2020