It’s time for America to move forward
Statement of Common Council President Cavalier Johnson November 9, 2020
Joe Biden received more votes than any other presidential candidate ever has, with the total vote count not yet finalized, and Kamala Harris becomes the first woman, and first woman of color, to serve as Vice President. This is in large part due to Black, Latino, Asian, Native American and other minority voters who turned out in large numbers proving that when they show up to the polls, they can decide elections. I hope this momentum is carried into further elections so these voices can continue to help shape all levels of our government.
Throughout Joe Biden’s campaign key themes included compassion and leadership, two things our country has been lacking of late from its highest office. I have confidence that the incoming administration will provide a path forward and work to do what is best for all Americans during a time in which we remain as divided as ever.
There will surely be hard work ahead of us as we begin to heal the wounds that exist, but we can, and must, make the decision to work together. That is how we will continue the work of striving to perfect our union, and I look forward to joining the next President to accomplish that goal.
- Murphy’s Law: The Vanishing Courage of Mike Gallagher - Bruce Murphy - May 11th, 2021
- Op Ed: Liz Cheney’s Profile In Courage - Dave Cieslewicz - May 9th, 2021
- Spindell Gets Second Term on Elections Commission - Henry Redman - Apr 30th, 2021
- A Tale of Two Elections - Melanie Conklin - Apr 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission Head Saw No Problems in Green Bay - Megan Hart - Mar 31st, 2021
- ‘Kraken’ Lawsuits Not Based on Facts - Graham Kilmer - Mar 23rd, 2021
- Republicans Attack Zuckerberg Election Grants Again - Shawn Johnson - Mar 11th, 2021
- Supreme Court Brushes Off Trump Election Challenge - Graham Kilmer - Mar 8th, 2021
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Wisconsin ‘Kraken’ Suit - Graham Kilmer - Mar 1st, 2021
- Op Ed: Waukesha Republicans’ Pillow Paranoia - James Wigderson - Feb 25th, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here