Is Tony Evers the New Andrew Cuomo?
[Madison, WI] – The Evers administration severely undercounted COVID-19 deaths in long-term care facilities, making their response to COVID-19 appear much better than it was, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel revealed on Thursday. The unreported deaths drove up the percentage of COVID-19 deaths that occurred in long-term care facilities from between 26 and 30 percent to nearly 50 percent.
“The fact that the Evers administration severely undercounted Wisconsin deaths in long-term care facilities is deeply concerning and raises serious concerns about what else his administration has been hiding during the pandemic. It appears this time that Gov. Tony Evers’ continued resistance to transparency may have hampered the state’s ability to ensure that some of Wisconsin’s most vulnerable were protected. Wisconsinites deserve to know if Gov. Tony Evers’ incompetence and secrecy cost Wisconsin lives.”
- WI Daily: 709 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 16th, 2021
- MKE County: Children Contributing to Rising COVID-19 - Graham Kilmer - Apr 16th, 2021
- Wisconsin Unemployment at 3.8% - Erik Gunn - Apr 16th, 2021
- Federal Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care (LTC) Program Ending - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Apr 16th, 2021
- Council file seeks Health Department information on Johnson & Johnson vaccinations - Ald. Milele Coggs - Apr 16th, 2021
- Vaccination Numbers Going Down - Graham Kilmer - Apr 15th, 2021
- WI Daily: 943 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 15th, 2021
- DHS Releases Improved COVID-19 Hospital Data Webpage - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Apr 15th, 2021
- WI Daily: 929 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 14th, 2021
- “We are not out of the woods yet. Let’s not lose our way.” – Sen. Larson statement on COVID-19 diagnosis - State Sen. Chris Larson - Apr 14th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here