Increased Vaccine Supply Expands Federal Retail Pharmacy Program to More Locations
Nearly 600 participating pharmacy locations will be offering COVID-19 vaccinations
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) announces seven new pharmacy partners in Wisconsin will start receiving vaccine this week as part of the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program(link is external). This includes select Costco, CVS, and Hy-Vee locations, as well as the following independent pharmacy networks: Good Neighbor and AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation, Health Mart, Medicine Shoppe and Cardinal Health, and Topco. In addition, Community Pharmacy Enhanced Services Network (CPESN), which includes some Hometown Pharmacies, and Walmart will both receive additional vaccine doses allowing them to offer vaccinations at more locations.
Starting this week, 595 participating pharmacies in Wisconsin will be able to order almost 95,000 first doses directly from the federal government. This allocation is in addition to Wisconsin’s total allocation and will include Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines.
CVS will begin scheduling appointments today, and Costco plans to start scheduling appointments by Friday. Other newly participating pharmacies are currently scheduling appointments using their state allocation. To find a participating pharmacy near you and to schedule a vaccination appointment, visit DHS’ COVID-19 vaccine provider map or the Centers for Disease Control Vaccine Finder map(link is external), or call 1-844-684-1064. Individuals eligible for the vaccine, can also contact these pharmacies directly to register for and schedule a vaccination appointment:
- Costco: Visit the Costco vaccine page(link is external)
- CVS: Visit the CVS immunizations website(link is external)
- Good Neighbor/AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation: Call your local independent pharmacy.
- Health Mart: Call your local independent pharmacy
- Hy-Vee: Visit the Hy-Vee website(link is external)
- Medicine Shoppe/Cardinal Health: Call your local independent pharmacy
- Topco: Call your local independent pharmacy
Other participating pharmacies include:
- CPESN: Visit the CPESN vaccine finder(link is external) or call your local Hometown or independent pharmacy
- Kroger: Visit the Kroger website(link is external) or call 866-211-5320
- Managed Health Care Associates: Will focus on vaccinating individuals in long-term care facilities
- Meijer: Visit the Meijer website(link is external) or call your local Meijer pharmacy
- Walgreens: Visit Walgreens website(link is external) or call 1-800-Walgreens
- Walmart: Visit the Walmart website(link is external) to schedule an appointment or call your local Walmart pharmacy
For a list of everyone currently eligible for the vaccine, visit the COVID-19 vaccine eligibility page. By May 1, anyone 16 and older will be eligible for the vaccine. Please continue to be patient as it will take time to vaccinate everyone due to a limited vaccine supply.
Even as more Wisconsinites get fully vaccinated, it is critical to continue to practice good public health practices. Masking up, staying physically distant, washing hands, and getting tested continue to be crucial tools for protecting ourselves and our communities against COVID-19. Individuals who are fully vaccinated can review recently released post-vaccination guidance.
For information, resources, and data related to Wisconsin’s COVID-19 vaccination program, visit the COVID-19 vaccine webpage. Make sure you are protected from COVID-19 vaccine scams with these simple tips(link is external).
- WI Daily: 805 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 20th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Announces $50 Million to Support Kids’ Learning Opportunities, Mental Health - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 20th, 2021
- Ron Johnson Doubles Down on Toxic Vote Against American Rescue Plan, Tells WI Voters They Didn’t Deserve Direct Checks - Protect Our Care Wisconsin - Apr 20th, 2021
- Governor Evers, DHS Announce More Than $175 Million to Support COVID-19 Testing in Schools - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Apr 20th, 2021
- Senator Johnson Admits “Stand(ing) in the Way of Getting Checks to Everybody” - Opportunity Wisconsin - Apr 20th, 2021
- Robin Vos Must Stop Spreading Vaccine Doubts Online - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Apr 19th, 2021
- WI Daily: 373 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 19th, 2021
- WI Daily: 518 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 18th, 2021
- WI Daily: 727 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 17th, 2021
- WI Daily: 709 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 16th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Nearly 110,000 staff and residents vaccinated
The updated page consolidates hospital data into informative dashboards
Vaccinators instructed to stop administering Johnson & Johnson vaccine