Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority
Press Release

HUD publishes information on availability of supplemental funds during COVID-19


HUD’s Office of Housing has published Housing Notice H-2020-08 regarding “Availability of Funds for COVID-19 Supplemental Payments for Properties Receiving Project-Based Rental Assistance under the Section 8, Section 202, or Section 811 Programs.” HUD is making CARES Act funds available to offset property expenditures to combat the effects of COVID-19.

For supplemental payment requests, owners must submit the linked HUD 52671-E Form to their contract administrator (WHEDA or HUD). Drop downs must be used throughout the form and the form will automatically complete the calculations. Electronic submissions via email are required. For WHEDA-administered contracts, please send the completed form to wheda.mfps@wheda.com.

Should a supplemental payment request be found by HUD/CA to have errors or incomplete documentation, the owner will receive notification via email and/or a phone call. If the Aug. 5, 2020 submission deadline has passed, the owner will have two (2) business days to remedy the deficiency.

All requests must be received by HUD or the project based contract administrator by 11:59 p.m. local time on Aug. 5 for equal consideration. Owners may submit only one request form per property and must identify the request as either a Tier I or Tier II request. Tier 1 is a capped amount based on a formula and Tier II is for exceptional cost payments. The requirements for Tier I and II are listed in the Notice and on HUD Form 52671-E.

Mentioned in This Press Release

Leave a Reply

You must be an Urban Milwaukee member to leave a comment. Membership, which includes a host of perks, including an ad-free website, tickets to marquee events like Summerfest, the Wisconsin State Fair and the Florentine Opera, a better photo browser and access to members-only, behind-the-scenes tours, starts at $9/month. Learn more.

Join now and cancel anytime.

If you are an existing member, sign-in to leave a comment.

Have questions? Need to report an error? Contact Us