Governor Walker Highlights Opportunities Foxconn Brings for Wisconsin’s Healthcare Industry
"Foxconn is a transformational opportunity for our state and top industries like manufacturing, construction, and healthcare."
MADISON – Governor Scott Walker joined healthcare stakeholders from throughout the state today for a presentation at University of Wisconsin (UW) Health University Hospital on the opportunities Foxconn presents for Wisconsin’s healthcare industry.
“Foxconn is a transformational opportunity for our state and top industries like manufacturing, construction, and healthcare,” Governor Walker said. “Today, we’re meeting with health leaders to discuss the unique opportunities Wisconn Valley brings to the healthcare industry and how these opportunities will shape Wisconsin moving forward. When we say Foxconn is a once-in-a-generation opportunity, we mean it. Without a doubt, Foxconn’s innovative technology will have a significant impact on our healthcare industry – making us a national leader for years to come.”
Foxconn has had meetings with healthcare companies throughout Wisconsin to discuss opportunities to invest in healthcare technology and expand where Foxconn products are used.
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Scott Walker ordered flags to half-staff on Saturday, April 14, 2018.
Governor Walker Orders Flags to Half-Staff as a Mark of Respect for Captain Christopher Truman of the Lake Mills Fire DepartmentJan 3rd, 2019 by Gov. Scott Walker
Captain Truman died on December 31, 2018, while selflessly assisting a driver of a crashed vehicle on Highway 12 near the Yahara River Bridge in Monona, Wisconsin.
Governor Scott Walker today appointed Attorney Scott J. Nordstrand to serve as a judge on the St. Croix County Circuit Court and Attorney David Meany to the position of Ashland County District Attorney.