Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Officer Daniel J. Daly
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today signed Executive Order #142 ordering the flags of the United States and the state of Wisconsin to be flown at half-staff on Wed., Nov. 24, 2021, in honor of Officer Daniel J. “Dan” Daly of Beloit, who lost his life in the line of duty due to complications from contracting COVID-19.
“Dan dedicated more than two decades of his life to selflessly serving the people of this state, and Kathy and I extend our deepest sympathies to his family, the Beloit Police Department, and all those who knew and loved him,” said Gov. Evers. “Especially as we enter the holiday season, where his absence will surely be felt, we are thinking of Dan’s family, friends, and loved ones as they mourn his loss.”
Daly passed away on Nov. 15, 2021, at the age of 48, after contracting COVID-19 in the line of duty. He first joined the Beloit Police Department as an intern in 1994 and was sworn into service in 1997, rising to become a field training officer and Honor Guard member. Daly, remembered by his fellow officers for his laughter and mentorship, was awarded the City of Beloit Officer Spotlight last year. Daly also served with the Rockton Police Department in Illinois and worked for several private security companies.
Services for Officer Daniel J. Daly will be held on Wed., Nov. 24, 2021, in Beloit.
Executive Order #142 will be in effect from sunrise to sunset on Wed., Nov. 24, 2021, and is available here.
- DHS Provides Update on Omicron Variant - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Dec 3rd, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Dec 3rd, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Firefighter Brandon R. Romo - Gov. Tony Evers - Dec 3rd, 2021
- Americans for Prosperity Calls on Gov. Evers to Protect WI Workers Against Misguided Vaccine & Testing Mandates - AFP Wisconsin - Dec 2nd, 2021
- Protecting against a new variant - Common Council President Cavalier Johnson - Dec 2nd, 2021
- Get Vaccinated, Get Your Photo With Championship Trophy - Annie Mattea - Dec 1st, 2021
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services Secretary-designee Karen Timberlake’s Statement on CDC’s Recommendation of Booster Doses for All Adults - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Nov 30th, 2021
- Advisory from the City of Milwaukee Commissioner of Health - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Nov 30th, 2021
- State Health Officials Await Data On Omicron - Rich Kremer - Nov 30th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff to Honor Master Trooper Daniel Stainbrook - Gov. Tony Evers - Nov 29th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Gov. Evers Delivers on Promise to do What’s Best for Kids, Invests $110 Million in Wisconsin Kids and SchoolsDec 2nd, 2021 by Gov. Tony Evers
Funding directed by the governor to provide new, additional funding to every school district in Wisconsin