Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Firefighter Stephen M. Smith
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers signed Executive Order #150 ordering the flags of the United States and the state of Wisconsin to be flown at half-staff tomorrow, Wed., Dec. 29, 2021, in honor of firefighter Stephen M. Smith of the Vandenbroek-Kaukauna Fire Department, who lost his life in the line of duty after contracting COVID-19.
“We extend our sincerest sympathies to Steve’s wife and kids, his friends, and his colleagues as they grapple with his tragic loss,” said Gov. Evers. “To those who knew him, Steve was a good friend and someone who cared deeply about others, and he will be missed by the many whose lives he affected.”
On Mon., Dec. 20, 2021, at the age of 54, Smith passed away after contracting COVID-19 in the line of duty. Smith was a dedicated firefighter at Vandenbroek-Kaukauna Fire Department, who will be remembered for his dedication and service to others. The funeral liturgy will be held on Wed., Dec. 29, 2021, in Kaukauna.
Executive Order #150 will be in effect from sunrise to sunset on Wed., Dec. 29, 2021, and is available here.
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jan 14th, 2022
- DHS Now Auto-Importing Positive COVID-19 Test Results - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jan 14th, 2022
- National Guard Deploying to Hospitals, Nursing Homes - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 13th, 2022
- City Moving Toward Cash Vaccination Incentives, Free Rapid Tests - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 13th, 2022
- MKE County: COVID-19 Deaths Rising in Milwaukee - Graham Kilmer - Jan 11th, 2022
- Gov. Evers and DHS Announce Rate Increase to Help Support Healthcare Workforce in the Midst of COVID-19 Case Surge - Gov. Tony Evers - Jan 11th, 2022
- Evers Administration, DHS, DPI Remind Schools of Support, Resources Available to Help Keep Kids and Educators Safe in School as Omicron Spreads - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jan 10th, 2022
- Milwaukee Health Department to Offer Extended Use of Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 Vaccines - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jan 10th, 2022
- Rep. Brostoff Statement on Assembly Bill 309 - State Rep. Jonathan Brostoff - Jan 10th, 2022
- Milwaukee Giving Away Free N95/KN95 Masks - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 7th, 2022
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
New requirement comes from Biden Administration as Omicron Cases Surge