Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Firefighter Brandon R. Romo
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers signed Executive Order #144 ordering the flags of the United States and the state of Wisconsin to be flown at half-staff tomorrow, Sat., Dec. 4, 2021, in honor of firefighter Brandon R. Romo of Pardeeville, who lost his life in the line of duty after contracting COVID-19.
“By all accounts, Brandon was incredibly beloved by those who knew him, and Kathy and I extend our deepest condolences to his family, the Pardeeville Fire Department, and the entire Pardeeville community,” said Gov. Evers. “Especially with the holidays upon us, we’re thinking of his family, friends, and loved ones as they grieve his loss.”
Romo passed away on Nov. 6, 2021, at the age of 32, after contracting COVID-19 in the line of duty. He proudly served the Pardeeville community as a volunteer firefighter for three years, demonstrating kindness, grit, and integrity in both his professional and personal lives. Romo will be remembered as a loving husband, father of three, son, friend, and colleague whose presence brought levity and laughter to those around him.
A celebration of life will be held for firefighter Brandon R. Romo on Sat., Dec. 4, 2021.
Executive Order #144 will be in effect from sunrise to sunset on Sat., Dec. 4, 2021, and is available here.
In addition to honoring the life and service of firefighter Brandon R. Romo, pursuant to Gov. Evers’ Executive Order #141, the flags of the United States and the state of Wisconsin were already ordered to be lowered on Sat., Dec. 4, 2021, as a mark of respect for two victims of the tragedy at the 2021 Waukesha Christmas parade.
- City Hall: Mask Mandate Anticipated To Go Into Effect Saturday - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 20th, 2022
- MTEA Statement on Passage of Mask Requirement by Milwaukee Common Council - Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association - Jan 18th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jan 14th, 2022
- DHS Now Auto-Importing Positive COVID-19 Test Results - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jan 14th, 2022
- National Guard Deploying to Hospitals, Nursing Homes - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 13th, 2022
- City Moving Toward Cash Vaccination Incentives, Free Rapid Tests - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 13th, 2022
- MKE County: COVID-19 Deaths Rising in Milwaukee - Graham Kilmer - Jan 11th, 2022
- Gov. Evers and DHS Announce Rate Increase to Help Support Healthcare Workforce in the Midst of COVID-19 Case Surge - Gov. Tony Evers - Jan 11th, 2022
- Evers Administration, DHS, DPI Remind Schools of Support, Resources Available to Help Keep Kids and Educators Safe in School as Omicron Spreads - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jan 10th, 2022
- Milwaukee Health Department to Offer Extended Use of Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 Vaccines - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jan 10th, 2022
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Gov. Evers Joins AG Kaul, Lawmakers, Advocates in Push to Defend Reproductive Healthcare Access in WisconsinJan 20th, 2022 by Gov. Tony Evers
Days before Roe v. Wade anniversary, leaders call for urgent action to protect access to abortion in light of pending U.S. Supreme Court decision