Gov. Evers Delivers Radio Address on Staying Safe this Holiday Season
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today delivered the Democratic Radio Address encouraging Wisconsinites to celebrate this holiday season safely by staying home, and having virtual celebrations with family, friends and loved ones.
Hi everyone, Governor Tony Evers here.
I don’t have to tell you all that 2020 has been a tough year.
The best way to show those you love that you care about them is to stay home and stay away.
Let’s enjoy this holiday season by protecting everyone’s health and well-being.
Just as I did last month, I am encouraging Wisconsinites to celebrate the holidays virtually and within in their own households. Don’t host parties or gatherings at your home or anywhere else with folks you don’t live with.
And while getting tested is an important part of our efforts to box in the virus, it isn’t a pass to attend a gathering. Your test results are only a snapshot in time, and a negative test one day does not guarantee a negative test the next.
Please celebrate the holidays safely by continuing to take every precaution to protect the health of our frontline healthcare workers, our families, and our communities.
Let’s head into the new year healthy and ready to take on the virus in 2021. Happy Holidays, Wisconsin.
- Milwaukee Health Department Adjusts Testing Hours at American Family Field - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Feb 25th, 2021
- WI Daily: 747 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Creates 4 Community Vaccine Clinics - Megan Hart - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Vaccination Rate Increasing - Graham Kilmer - Feb 24th, 2021
- Wisconsin’s Emergency Powers Laws in Urgent Need of Reform - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Feb 24th, 2021
- Souls to the Polls Urges Sen. Johnson to Vote ‘Yes’ on COVID-19 Relief Bill in the U.S. Senate - Souls to the Polls Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- WI Daily: 566 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 23rd, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff to Honor the More Than 6,300 Wisconsinites and 500,000 Americans Lost to COVID-19 - Gov. Tony Evers - Feb 23rd, 2021
- WI Daily: 423 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 22nd, 2021
- Supervisor Goodwin Calls on Legislature and Governor Evers to Enact Wisconsin Stimulus Package - Sup. Shawn Rolland - Feb 22nd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here