Gov. Evers Delivers Radio Address on Staying Safe this Holiday Season
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today delivered the Democratic Radio Address encouraging Wisconsinites to celebrate this holiday season safely by staying home, and having virtual celebrations with family, friends and loved ones.
Hi everyone, Governor Tony Evers here.
I don’t have to tell you all that 2020 has been a tough year.
The best way to show those you love that you care about them is to stay home and stay away.
Let’s enjoy this holiday season by protecting everyone’s health and well-being.
Just as I did last month, I am encouraging Wisconsinites to celebrate the holidays virtually and within in their own households. Don’t host parties or gatherings at your home or anywhere else with folks you don’t live with.
And while getting tested is an important part of our efforts to box in the virus, it isn’t a pass to attend a gathering. Your test results are only a snapshot in time, and a negative test one day does not guarantee a negative test the next.
Please celebrate the holidays safely by continuing to take every precaution to protect the health of our frontline healthcare workers, our families, and our communities.
Let’s head into the new year healthy and ready to take on the virus in 2021. Happy Holidays, Wisconsin.
- DHS Provides Update on Omicron Variant - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Dec 3rd, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Dec 3rd, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Firefighter Brandon R. Romo - Gov. Tony Evers - Dec 3rd, 2021
- Americans for Prosperity Calls on Gov. Evers to Protect WI Workers Against Misguided Vaccine & Testing Mandates - AFP Wisconsin - Dec 2nd, 2021
- Protecting against a new variant - Common Council President Cavalier Johnson - Dec 2nd, 2021
- Get Vaccinated, Get Your Photo With Championship Trophy - Annie Mattea - Dec 1st, 2021
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services Secretary-designee Karen Timberlake’s Statement on CDC’s Recommendation of Booster Doses for All Adults - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Nov 30th, 2021
- Advisory from the City of Milwaukee Commissioner of Health - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Nov 30th, 2021
- State Health Officials Await Data On Omicron - Rich Kremer - Nov 30th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff to Honor Master Trooper Daniel Stainbrook - Gov. Tony Evers - Nov 29th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Gov. Evers Delivers on Promise to do What’s Best for Kids, Invests $110 Million in Wisconsin Kids and SchoolsDec 2nd, 2021 by Gov. Tony Evers
Funding directed by the governor to provide new, additional funding to every school district in Wisconsin