Gov. Evers Delivers Radio Address on Executive Order 94, Advises Wisconsinites to Stay Home to Save Lives
Hello, Wisconsin. Governor Tony Evers here.
As you know, earlier this year, we took steps to contain COVID-19 by issuing a safer at home order. Unfortunately, that order was struck down by the Wisconsin Supreme Court—a decision that hamstrung our ability to respond to the virus.
The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation estimates 5,000 Wisconsinites could be lost to COVID-19 by January 1st if no further actions are taken to get this virus under control. That means another 2,500 people who might not be with us on New Year’s Day.
Wisconsin, this is serious. This crisis is urgent.
That’s why I signed Executive Order #94 advising Wisconsinites to stay home to save lives.
We must get back to the basics of fighting this virus just like we did last spring, and it starts at home.
So, please, cancel the happy hours, dinner parties, sleepovers, and playdates at your home. And if a friend or family member invites you over, offer to hang out virtually instead.
And if you think you might be exposed to COVID-19, please go get tested. And then make sure you’re quarantining at home while you’re waiting for your results and for 14 days after you’ve been exposed.
It’s important to remember that just because you test negative today doesn’t guarantee a negative test tomorrow, so please stay home.
Otherwise, if you have to leave your home, limit it to essential needs and errands, and always wear a mask and stay six feet apart.
We must offer our neighbors the promise of a better tomorrow—a promise that each of us must play a part in delivering by doing everything we can.
Right now, we’ve got plenty to prove and a lot to lose. Let’s get to work, and let’s move forward, together.
Thank you, Wisconsin.
- State High Court Blocks School Closures - Erik Gunn - Jun 12th, 2021
- MKE County: Child COVID-19 Vaccination Rate Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jun 11th, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 11th, 2021
- DHS Community-Based Vaccination Clinics to Begin Ramping Down Operations - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 11th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Firefighter Joshua D. Fedie of the Boscobel Fire Department - Gov. Tony Evers - Jun 11th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department to Raffle Bucks Playoff Tickets with Vaccination - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 9th, 2021
- Vaccine Tamperer Gets Three Year Sentence - Rich Kremer - Jun 8th, 2021
- Wisconsin Re-Launches “You Stop the Spread” Multimedia Campaign - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 8th, 2021
- Brewers to Host Additional Pop-Up Vaccination Clinics June 15 and 16 - Milwaukee Brewers - Jun 8th, 2021
- Marquette Requiring COVID-19 Vaccination - Graham Kilmer - Jun 7th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Gov. Evers Celebrates Wisconsin’s Continued Economic Recovery, Bounce Back from Coronavirus PandemicJun 8th, 2021 by Gov. Tony Evers
As Wisconsin economy rebounds, ranks among the best in the nation for shots in arms and low unemployment rate, governor reverses FY 20-21 lapses