Gov. Evers Announces DHS Assisted Living Facilities Will Begin Federal Pharmacy Partnership Program to Receive COVID-19 Vaccines
Gov. Tony Evers today announced the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) has officially activated Part B of the Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care Program, which provides COVID-19 vaccinations to Wisconsin assisted living facilities. Assisted living facilities will be hearing directly from pharmacies to plan their vaccination efforts in the coming days. Pharmacies that have completed vaccinations at their nursing homes can begin vaccinating at assisted living facilities immediately.
“Wisconsin has a particularly high number of residents in assisted living facilities and we wanted to be sure that every resident and staff in this program has the opportunity to get vaccinated,” said Gov. Evers. “After careful planning and coordination, our vaccine team was able to successfully reserve enough vaccine doses to launch this program—those efforts will ensure our most vulnerable Wisconsinites are protected against COVID-19.”
As of January 14, 11,712 residents and 13,590 staff at skilled nursing facilities have been vaccinated. Of the 361 eligible facilities in Part A, 261 skilled nursing facilities have now completed the first dose of the vaccine.
At the current rate, DHS expects all participating facilities to complete the first vaccination by January 18. Pharmacies and assisted living facilities may choose to launch Part B before January 25 if they have adequate vaccine and capacity to begin vaccinating.
For up-to-date information about Wisconsin’s COVID-19 response, visit the DHS COVID-19 webpage or register for the weekly update email(link is external). You can also follow @DHSWI on Facebook(link is external), Twitter(link is external), or dhs.wi on Instagram(link is external) for more information on COVID-19.
- DHS Announces Groups Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccine on March 1 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Feb 25th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department Adjusts Testing Hours at American Family Field - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Feb 25th, 2021
- WI Daily: 747 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Creates 4 Community Vaccine Clinics - Megan Hart - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Vaccination Rate Increasing - Graham Kilmer - Feb 24th, 2021
- Wisconsin’s Emergency Powers Laws in Urgent Need of Reform - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Feb 24th, 2021
- Souls to the Polls Urges Sen. Johnson to Vote ‘Yes’ on COVID-19 Relief Bill in the U.S. Senate - Souls to the Polls Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- WI Daily: 566 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 23rd, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff to Honor the More Than 6,300 Wisconsinites and 500,000 Americans Lost to COVID-19 - Gov. Tony Evers - Feb 23rd, 2021
- WI Daily: 423 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 22nd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Pilot Locations Will Begin Testing Software February 22