Gov. Evers Announces Appointments to Governor’s Task Force on Reducing Prescription Drug Prices
The first meeting of the Governor’s Task Force on Reducing Prescription Drug Prices is scheduled for November 20.
Gov. Tony Evers today announced appointments to serve on the Governor’s Task Force on Reducing Prescription Drug Prices. The task force was created through Executive Order #39 and is charged with making recommendations for reducing prescription drug prices in Wisconsin. The work of the task force will involve gathering and analyzing data on the development, pricing, distribution, and purchasing of prescription drugs. The task force will also analyze strategies utilized in other states to reduce prescription drug prices and identify opportunities to work with other states and the federal government.
“Wisconsinites are often forced to choose between paying for food, rent, and heat or life-saving medications,” said Gov. Evers. “Drug costs are simply out of control. It’s time we bring everyone to the table to find solutions that will help us reduce prescription drug prices paid by patients.”
“Reducing prescription drug costs in Wisconsin is essential to both help consumers limit their out-of-pocket expenses and to address overall healthcare cost increases,” said Deputy Insurance Commissioner and Task Force Chair Nathan Houdek. “I applaud Governor Evers for his leadership on this critical issue. I am confident that members of this task force will work together to find meaningful solutions that will have a positive impact on Wisconsinites who rely on prescription medications.”
Members of the Governor’s Task Force on Reducing Prescription Drug Prices includes:
- Deputy Commissioner Nathan Houdek, Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, Chair
- Lieutenant Governor Designee Yolanda Tolson-Eveans
- Attorney General Designee Assistant Attorney General Laura McFarlane
- Department of Health Services Designee Deputy Medicaid Director Anna Benton
- Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection Designee Lara Sutherlin, Administrator of the Division of Trade and Consumer Protection
- Department of Employee Trust Funds Designee Office of Strategic Health Policy Deputy Director Brian Stamm
- Senator Tim Carpenter
- Representative Lisa Subeck
- Representative Tyler Vorpagel
- Lisa Lamkins, Advocacy Director at AARP Wisconsin
- Tony Fields, Vice President and Chief Pharmacy Officer at the AIDs Research Center of Wisconsin
- Ian Hedges, Chief Executive Officer at HealthNet of Rock County
- Brent Eberle, Senior Vice President, Health Strategies & Chief Pharmacy Officer of Navitus Health Solutions and General Manager of Lumicera Health Services
- Robyn Schumacher, Vice President of Consultant Relations for OptumRx
- Peter J. Fotos, Senior Regional Director, State Advocacy for the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA)
- Janet Fritsch, Owner of Corner Drug Hometown Pharmacy in Baraboo
- Alan Lukazewski, Director of Clinical Pharmacy for NeuGen LLC
- Sue Wilhelm, Interim Clinical Officer and Director of Pharmacy Services at Security Health Plan
- Brian Stephens, Chief Executive Officer for the Door County Medical Center
- Josh Bindl, CEO of National CooperativeRx
- Michael Goldrosen, Doctor of Internal Medicine at Associated Physicians
The first meeting of the Governor’s Task Force on Reducing Prescription Drug Prices is scheduled for November 20. A formal public meeting notice and agenda will be released in the coming weeks.
Members of the public and interested parties can submit comments to the task force or request to be added to the email distribution list by contacting OCIRxDrugTaskForce@wisconsin.gov.
Office of the Governor
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers