Gov. Evers Announces $8.3 Million for COVID-19 Testing at Wisconsin’s Private, Non-Profit, and Tribal Colleges and Universities
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers announced today $8.3 million to support COVID-19 testing efforts at Wisconsin’s private, nonprofit and tribal colleges and universities. This effort follows Gov. Evers’ investment of more than $10 million in general COVID-19 support for Wisconsin’s private, nonprofit, and tribal campuses announced on earlier this summer.
“All across our state we are seeing an alarming increase in positive cases of COVID-19, especially among 18 to 24 year olds in our campus communities,” said Gov. Evers. “No campus exists in a bubble, so it is critical that we all work together to stop the spread of this virus for the health and safety of not only those on our college campuses, but for Wisconsinites in every corner of our state, and testing is a key step in doing just that.”
The testing effort is funded through the Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act dollars.
Administered by the Wisconsin Department of Administration (DOA), the program provides reimbursement for COVID-19 testing, specimen collection, and other related expenditures incurred by private, nonprofit colleges and universities. Institutions may use the funding to procure COVID-19 tests and testing services to test students, faculty, and staff who are symptomatic, asymptomatic, or in close contact with confirmed COVID-19 positive cases.
“The health of our students, faculty, and staff during this unprecedented time is a priority, especially as we see increases in COVID-19 cases among college students throughout the nation,” said DOA Secretary Joel Brennan. “I am proud we can support Wisconsin’s higher education institutions in their efforts to provide sanitary and safe learning environments.”
- New City Health Order Limits Gatherings - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 26th, 2020
- The City of Milwaukee Phase 4.2 Order Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 26th, 2020
- WI Daily: 2,883 New COVID-19 Cases, Record 1,350 People Actively Hopspitalized - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 26th, 2020
- WI Daily: 3,626 New COVID-19 Cases, Another Active Hospitalization Record High - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 25th, 2020
- WI Daily: Milwaukee County Falls to 14th Worst Outbreak, Even As Cases Accelerate - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 24th, 2020
- Appeals Court Blocks State Restaurant, Bar Rules - Shawn Johnson - Oct 24th, 2020
- Milwaukee Unemployment at 8.4% - Graham Kilmer - Oct 23rd, 2020
- WI Daily: Over 10,000 Wisconsin Residents Have Been Hospitalized With COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 23rd, 2020
- Election Officials Can’t Require Masks At Polls - Laurel White - Oct 23rd, 2020
- WILL Asks Judge to Decide on Merits in Lawsuit Challenging Gov. Evers’s Emergency Declarations - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Oct 23rd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Sales and use taxes from out-of-state retailers and marketplace providers results in more than $250 million in tax relief targeted toward lower and middle-income taxpayers