Gov. Evers Announces $5 million COVID-19 Cultural Organization Grant Program
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers announced today the launch of a $5 million COVID-19 Cultural Organization Grant Program aimed at assisting Wisconsin cultural organizations that have been economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Administered by the Wisconsin Department of Administration (DOA), the program provides eligible organizations grant awards of up to $250,000 to cover pandemic-related impacts such as: lost revenue, increased workers compensation costs, cleaning and sanitization, and purchases of services or equipment to facilitate telework by employees.
This effort is funded through the Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act dollars.
Eligible organizations must have a primary mission to produce, present or exhibit cultural disciplines such as music, dance, theater, literature and the visual arts, or items of environmental or scientific interest. Full program details, eligibility standards, grant application, and program contact information are available here on the DOA website.
“This program will build-upon the important work that the Wisconsin Arts Board has already done to support the arts and humanities in our state,” said DOA Secretary Joel Brennan. “During these challenging and historic times, we need these institutions now more than ever for hope and healing.”
Grant applications are due to DOA by no later than 2 p.m. on Wed., Sept. 30, 2020. Interested applicants are encouraged to attend a program webinar on Sept. 10, 2020; details are available here.
- WI Daily: 840 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 25th, 2021
- Evers Signs Bill on Unemployment System - Laurel White - Feb 25th, 2021
- DHS Announces Groups Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccine on March 1 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Feb 25th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department Adjusts Testing Hours at American Family Field - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Feb 25th, 2021
- WI Daily: 747 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Creates 4 Community Vaccine Clinics - Megan Hart - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Vaccination Rate Increasing - Graham Kilmer - Feb 24th, 2021
- Wisconsin’s Emergency Powers Laws in Urgent Need of Reform - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Feb 24th, 2021
- Souls to the Polls Urges Sen. Johnson to Vote ‘Yes’ on COVID-19 Relief Bill in the U.S. Senate - Souls to the Polls Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- WI Daily: 566 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 23rd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here