Goodwill & MMSD Collection Event, June 11
Donate Chemicals, Glues, Clothes & Shoes (Home HazMat For Milwaukee County residents ONLY)
(Milwaukee, WI) – Goodwill and the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) are teaming up for a Home HazMat and useable item collection event on June 11, 2016 at Oak Creek West Middle School from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Goodwill DataShield will also have representatives on site to collect and transport your confidential paper materials to a secure shred facility located in Greendale, WI for destruction.
It’s free to visit MMSD Home Hazmat collection sites where you can properly dispose old paint, compact fluorescent light bulbs, motor oil, rechargeable batteries, and much more.
For a list of things you can and cannot drop off at Home HazMat collections, locations, and hours, go to: www.mmsd.com
Goodwill Donation Guidelines / Accepted Items
- Personal computers – hard drive/tower, monitor, mouse, keyboard and printer (please erase personal data before donating)
- Flat-panel monitor HDTVs only
- Clothing, shoes, boots
- Books, records, CDs, video tapes and DVDs
- Games, toys and spots equipment
- Housewares: dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, lamps and small appliances
- Collectibles, antiques, decorative items and other giftware
- Hand tools and small power tools
- Domestics: linens, curtains, blankets, etc.
- Electronics: stereos, radios, VCRs, DVD players, etc.
Please no furniture, mattresses or large appliances
Document Shredding – Goodwill DataShield Goodwill DataShield will have representatives on site to collect and transport your confidential materials to their secure shred facility located in Greendale, WI for complete destruction. This event is for individuals only; no businesses please. No newspaper, magazines, plastic and corrugate materials will be accepted. Limit of 4 boxes or two bags of paperwork per participant.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District
For Milwaukee County residents ONLY