Franklin Health Department reports positive case of COVID-19
The Franklin Health Department received notification from the State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services at approximately 1:30pm today that an individual residing in Franklin, Wisconsin has tested positive for the novel coronavirus infection (COVID- 19).
This individual returned from travel and was notified by close contacts of possible exposure to COVID-19. Upon this notification, and the onset of symptoms, the individual immediately contacted their healthcare provider for evaluation. Following private testing, the individual returned directly home and has remained under isolation.
To prevent the spread of illness, the Franklin Health Department is conducting a contact investigation to identify and follow-up with any individual who had close contact with this person. Close contacts will be monitored by local public health department staff, do daily symptom and temperature checks, and self-quarantine.
To minimize the spread of illness, Franklin Health Department recommends people postpone or cancel nonessential travel to areas with coronavirus. This includes both international travel and domestic travel to areas with widespread illness. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention updates this information daily. If travel is essential to these areas, travelers should undergo a 14-day self-quarantine upon you return and monitor their health for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. The Wisconsin Department of Health Services has more information about how to self-quarantine on their website at dhs.wisconsin.gov.
There are steps everyone can take to stay healthy. These include washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, staying home when sick, and coughing or sneezing into a disposable tissue or their elbow.
There are numerous resources on the CDC website to help prepare for coronavirus.
Seek medical advice if you develop symptoms, have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19, or if live in or have recently been in an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19.
Additional information on Franklin’s response to the COVID-19 virus can be found on the City of Franklin website at www.franklinwi.gov.
For additional related to this release, please contact Courtney Day, Health Director/Health Officer for the Franklin Health Department at 414-427-7530.
- WI Daily: Wisconsin Reports Biggest One-Day COVID-19 Case Increase - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 4th, 2020
- Beware of Contact Tracing Scams - Bridgit Bowden - Jul 4th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Spread Keeps Accelerating in Wisconsin - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Milwaukee Moves Backward In Fight Against COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- State Unemployment Insurance System Failing Many - Bram Sable-Smith - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Racial Disparities Found in Safer-At-Home Arrests - Edgar Mendez - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Johnson Discusses Small Business Recovery at Axios Virtual Event - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Jul 3rd, 2020
- The City of Milwaukee Phase 4 Assessment Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jul 3rd, 2020
- WI Daily: 14-Day Positive Case Rate Continues Upward Climb - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
- City Hall: What Should Or Shouldn’t Be in Milwaukee Mask Mandate? - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here