Foxconn Issues Request for Proposal for Design Enhancements to Foxconn Place Green Bay
Calls for ideas to upgrade landmark downtown building, The Watermark, which will house a Wisconn Valley Innovation Center and serve as Foxconn’s North East Wisconsin hub for talent and partners
Milwaukee, WI – Foxconn Technology Group (Foxconn) announced today it has issued a Request for Proposal (RFP) for Design / Build firms to provide design services to modernize and enhance Foxconn Place Green Bay at “The WaterMark” located at 301 N. Washington St., Green Bay, Wisconsin.
“Foxconn Place Green Bay will be a cornerstone in the Wisconn Valley Innovation Center network that we are building across the state. We are looking for a firm who can bring to life design ideas for a working space that will inspire innovative ideas and promote collaboration with companies and entrepreneurs based in North East Wisconsin,” said Dr. Alan Yeung, Foxconn Director of U.S. Strategic Initiatives and President of FEWI Development Corporation. “Our goal is to leverage The Watermark’s great downtown waterfront location to create a regional hub to attract talent and connect with suppliers and partners that will be part of the AI 8K+5G ecosystem that Foxconn is creating in Wisconsin. In doing so, we hope to contribute to Green Bay’s attractiveness as a center for business and commerce.”
Foxconn Place Green Bay will become home to 200 employees focused on developing applications for the AI 8K+5G ecosystem, and building partnerships with suppliers, start-ups and other companies that will be part of this ecosystem. From this office, Foxconn will also collaborate with academic institutions including University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, and St. Norbert College to attract and develop the talented workforce in the region.
As part of Foxconn’s “Wisconsin First” approach, Design / Build firms with strong track records in Wisconsin will be given preference in the RFP process. The RFP focuses on providing design and build services that include:
- A “co-working’ environment where employees, companies and entrepreneurs who work on innovative ideas and cutting-edge solutions, socialize and collaborate.
- A “pipe-line” to attract and retain a technology-based workforce for Foxconn.
- An ‘application area’ for Foxconn’s 8K+5G technology.
- A center for brand and culture building.
Completed proposals are due by 10:00am CDT on September 28, 2018 delivered to 611 E. Wisconsin Ave. Milwaukee, WI, c/o Adam Jen. Foxconn’s goal is to occupy the finished space in December 2018, or as soon as possible. To learn more about the RFP process please attend an information session on Thursday, September 20th from 8am to 10am at the Hyatt Regency, 333 Main St., Green Bay, WI.
Foxconn Place Green Bay is one of three Foxconn locations across Wisconsin, in addition to the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park in Mount Pleasant. Together with Foxconn’s North American Headquarters in Milwaukee and Foxconn Place Chippewa Valley in Eau Claire, Foxconn Place Green Bay is part of the talent and innovation network that Foxconn is building in Wisconsin.
About Foxconn Technology Group
Established in 1974, Foxconn Technology Group (“Foxconn”) is the global leader in manufacturing services for the computer, communication, and consumer electronics (3C) industry. A multinational company headquartered in Taiwan, Foxconn offers many of the leading U.S. and international companies in electronics a one-stop integrated manufacturing solution. Foxconn generated total annual revenue of $158 billion in 2017 and was ranked No. 27 on the 2017 Fortune magazine Global 500. The company has facilities in Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
Foxconn is leveraging the potential of cloud computing, mobile devices, the Internet of Things, Big Data, artificial intelligence, networks, and robotics and automation, in its transformation as a leading high-tech enterprise and industrial Internet company. The company has research centers and testing laboratories internationally and has received more than 83,500 patents worldwide. In addition to maximizing value creation for customers, Foxconn is also dedicated to enhancing the concept of environmental sustainability in the manufacturing process and serving as a best-practices model for global enterprises.
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Recent Press Releases by Foxconn Technology Group
Companies aim to produce 10,000 Puritan Bennett™ 560 ventilators together in the United States over the next year; partnership established after Medtronic announces Ventilator Open Source Initiative