Foxconn Completes Roof Installation and Weathertight Enclosure of the Company’s Nearly One-Million-Square-Foot Advanced Manufacturing Facility
Six months after construction of the advanced manufacturing facility began, Foxconn achieves year-end goal with completion of weathertight enclosure
Milwaukee, WI – Foxconn Technology Group (Foxconn) and its construction manager Gilbane|Exyte today announced that as of the new year building enclosure is substantially complete for weather protection for the nearly one-million-square-foot advanced manufacturing facility at the Wisconsin Valley Science and Technology Park (WVSTP).
“Thanks to the hard work of the Gilbane|Exyte team, along with dozens of Wisconsin companies and their employees, Foxconn is able to celebrate this significant milestone,” said a Foxconn spokesperson. “Building enclosure being substantially complete for weather protection meets our year-end goal that began with an aggressive construction schedule. As Foxconn heads in 2020, the company will play an important role in Wisconsin’s development as a global technology hub that will drive further investment and job creation.”
Information regarding these scopes of work and all current bid opportunities for the overall project, as well as previous bid awards for work at the WVSTP to-date can be found at: https://wisconnvalley.wi.gov/Pages/ScienceTechPark.aspx.
Businesses interested in applying for competitive bid packages with Mortenson for Foxconn’s Smart Manufacturing Center (SMC) and High-Performance Computing Data Center (HPCDC) are asked to visit wisconnvalley.wi.gov for upcoming opportunities and to register at https://bit.ly/2k9Qn5V.
Foxconn Technology Group
Established in 1974, Foxconn Technology Group (“Foxconn”) is a leading technological solution provider, that has leveraged its expertise in software and hardware to integrate its unique manufacturing systems with emerging technologies.
By capitalizing on its expertise in Cloud Computing, Mobile Devices, IoT, Big Data, AI, Smart Networks and Robotics/Automation, the Group has expanded capabilities in four key technologies – Data Tech, Analytics Tech, Platform Tech, and Operations Tech. The company has research centers and testing laboratories internationally and has received more than 83,500 patents worldwide. In addition to maximizing value-creation for customers, Foxconn is also dedicated to enhancing the concept of environmental sustainability in the manufacturing process and serving as a best-practices model for global enterprises.
In 2018, Foxconn achieved US$175 billion in revenue, and has received an array of international accolades and recognition. The company was ranked 23rd in the Fortune Global 500 rankings in 2018 and 215th in the Forbes ranking of the World’s Best Employers that year. In 2019, the company was ranked 21st for Sales and was ranked 123rd overall in the Forbes Global 2000.
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Foxconn Technology Group
Companies aim to produce 10,000 Puritan Bennett™ 560 ventilators together in the United States over the next year; partnership established after Medtronic announces Ventilator Open Source Initiative