Foxconn Announces $83M in Additional Construction Awards
Company awards sixteen additional subcontracts as precast panel installation concludes for the advanced manufacturing facility at Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park
Mount Pleasant, WI – Foxconn Technology Group (Foxconn) and its construction manager, Gilbane | Exyte today announced sixteen additional prime contract awards under Bid Release 5a/5b/5c for construction work at the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park. The new awards carry a total contract value of more than $83 million. The most recent round of awards brings the total value of construction contracts awarded for work at the Park to well in excess of $250 million.
“Foxconn is pleased to be making another significant investment in the construction of North America’s first and only TFT-LCD advanced manufacturing facility,” said Nelson Liu, General Manager of Foxconn’s Gen 6 Fab construction project. “After beginning vertical construction last month, we’re thrilled to be continuing our progress at the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park as we work towards our planned operational date next year.”
The awards come as Foxconn completes precast panel installation on the company’s 1 million square foot advanced manufacturing facility. Foxconn announced the start of vertical construction in August and has since completed the installation of more than 400 precast panels, utilizing two crews to install an average of 32 panels per day.
New contracts announced as part of Enclosure and Related Work Bid Package 5a/5b/5c include:
- Materials Testing Civil Work: Giles Engineering Inc., Waukesha, WI
- Concrete Slab on Grade and Slab on Deck Work: CD Smith Construction, Fond Du Lac, WI
- Masonry Work FAB: CD Smith Construction, Fond Du Lac, WI
- Miscellaneous Metals and Stairs Work: Badger Railing, Milwaukee WI
- Structural Studs, Sheathing and Exterior Carpentry Work: Thorne Associates, Chicago, IL (Thorne Associates has partnered with Hetzel – Sanfilippo, Inc. of Pewaukee, WI and JCP Construction of Milwaukee, WI)
- Roofing Work: CLS Racine LLC, Racine, WI (CLS Racine is a tri-venture between Carlson Racine Roofing & Sheetmetal of Racine WI, Langer Roofing and Sheetmetal of Milwaukee, WI, and SRS Roofing & Sheetmetal of Waterford, WI)
- Curtainwall, Translucent Panels, Metal Panels and Barrier Work: Crown Corr Inc, Gary, IN (Crown Corr has partnered with Construction Supply and Erecting of Milwaukee, WI)
- Signage Northeast Masterplan: Poblocki Sign Company LLC, West Allis, WI
- Overhead Doors and Loading Dock Equipment: Arbon Equipment Northcentral, Milwaukee, WI
- Site Lighting for FAB and Northeast Masterplan: Aldridge Electric Inc, Waukesha, WI
- Telecommunication and Electrical Ductbank Work: Aldridge Electric Inc, Waukesha, WI
- Site Concrete for FAB Work: A.W. Oakes & Son, Inc, Racine, WI
- Asphalt Paving for FAB Work: Payne & Dolan Inc, Kenosha, WI
- Landscaping Work for FAB and Northeast Master Plan: Hoffman Construction Company, Black River Falls, WI
- Excavation and Storm Water Work FAB Civil: Edgerton–Peterson JV LLC (Edgerton-Peterson is a joint venture between Edgerton Contractors Inc of Oak Creek, WI and James Peterson Son, Inc of Medford, WI)
- Site Utilities Work FAB Civil: Edgerton–Peterson JV LLC (Edgerton-Peterson is a joint venture between Edgerton Contractors Inc of Oak Creek, WI and James Peterson Son, Inc of Medford, WI)
All awarded prime contractors are committed to the Wisconsin First program established for the construction of the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park. Mobilization for this work is currently underway.
Foxconn Technology Group also recently announced the selection of Mortenson to serve as Construction Manager for additional projects at the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park, including the construction of a 260,000-square-foot Smart Manufacturing Center (SMC) and a High-Performance Computing Data Center (HPCDC). Gilbane | Exyte has been retained as the Program Coordinator for these two Foxconn Technology Group Projects.
Companies interested in receiving information regarding ongoing bid opportunities with Gilbane | Exyte for ongoing work on Foxconn’s advanced manufacturing facility and Power Substation are encouraged to visit wisconnvalley.wi.gov and to register at https://foxconn-construction.gilbaneco.com/
Businesses interested in applying for competitive bids packages with Mortenson for SMC and HPCDC projects are asked to visit wisconnvalley.wi.gov for upcoming opportunities and to register at https://bit.ly/2k9Qn5V
About Foxconn Technology Group
Established in 1974, Foxconn Technology Group (“Foxconn”) is a leading technological solution provider, that has leveraged its expertise in software and hardware to integrate its unique manufacturing systems with emerging technologies.
By capitalizing on its expertise in Cloud Computing, Mobile Devices, IoT, Big Data, AI, Smart Networks and Robotics/Automation, the Group has expanded capabilities in four key technologies – Data Tech, Analytics Tech, Platform Tech, and Operations Tech. The company has research centers and testing laboratories internationally and has received more than 83,500 patents worldwide. In addition to maximizing value-creation for customers, Foxconn is also dedicated to enhancing the concept of environmental sustainability in the manufacturing process and serving as a best-practices model for global enterprises.
In 2018, Foxconn achieved US$154 billion in revenue, and has received an array of international accolades and recognition. The company was ranked 24th in the Fortune Global 500 rankings in 2018 and 215th in the Forbes ranking of the World’s Best Employers that year. In 2019, the company was ranked 21st for Sales and was ranked 123rd overall in the Forbes Global 2000.
- Campaign Cash: Vos Hit By Surge of Outside Spending - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Oct 26th, 2020
- Will Foxconn Pay Taxes Pledged to Racine County? - Corri Hess - Oct 24th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Why Foxconn Won’t Leave Wisconsin - Bruce Murphy - Oct 21st, 2020
- Foxconn Founder Terry Gou Addresses Foxconn’s Wisconsin Investment - Foxconn Technology Group - Oct 19th, 2020
- Back in the News: The Foxconn Deal Was Never Real - Bruce Murphy - Oct 19th, 2020
- Two years after Trump put a shovel in the ground, Wisconsin is still waiting on Foxconn to come through - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Oct 19th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Won’t Get State Tax Credits - Bruce Murphy - Oct 12th, 2020
- Foxconn: A Good Idea or a Bill of Goods? - Tom Palzewicz - Sep 17th, 2020
- Foxconn “Tops Off” 100-Foot-High Performance Computing Data Center Globe - Foxconn Technology Group - Sep 17th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Hasn’t Given 99% of UW Pledge - Bruce Murphy - Aug 17th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Foxconn Technology Group
Companies aim to produce 10,000 Puritan Bennett™ 560 ventilators together in the United States over the next year; partnership established after Medtronic announces Ventilator Open Source Initiative