Former lawmakers to go ‘On the Issues’ for virtual bipartisan conversation on redistricting, Oct. 13
MILWAUKEE — Former State Sens. Tim Cullen and Dale Schultz will be featured guests for a bipartisan conversation on revising redistricting in an upcoming virtual “On the Issues with Mike Gousha,” Tuesday, Oct. 13. The video will be available at 12:15 p.m. on the Marquette University Law School website.
Next year, state legislators will draw new legislative maps for Wisconsin, a process carried out every 10 years. Cullen, a Democrat from Janesville, and Schultz, a Republican who represented Richland Center, are two proponents of changing the state’s approach to redistricting, which has become a partisan issue in Wisconsin.
The virtual “On the Issues” is available to members of the general public.
Through public programming such as the Marquette Law School Poll, debates featuring candidates in significant political races, Gousha’s “On the Issues” conversations with newsmakers, public lectures by leading scholars, conferences on significant issues of public importance and the work of its Lubar Center for Public Policy Research and Civic Education, the Law School serves as the region’s leading venue for serious civil discourse about law and public policy matters.
- Republicans Lose Lawyers Before Redistricting Starts - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Apr 29th, 2021
- Judge Prohibits Republicans Using Private Lawyers for Redistricting - Shawn Johnson - Apr 29th, 2021
- Op Ed: How Gerrymandered Are We? - Kevin Baas - Apr 29th, 2021
- Murphy’s Laws: The New Gerrymandering Scheme - Bruce Murphy - Apr 27th, 2021
- Evers Redistricting Panel Seeks ‘Partisan Fairness’ - Shawn Johnson - Apr 17th, 2021
- Law Forward’s “Redistricting 101” Provides Much-needed Overview of Critical but Complicated Process - Law Forward - Apr 15th, 2021
- Op Ed: Wisconsin Needs Fair Maps - Ruth Conniff - Apr 1st, 2021
- Your Right to Know: Redistricting Shouldn’t Be Done In Secret - Matthew DeFour - Mar 2nd, 2021
- Redistricting conversation continues on virtual “On the Issues,” Feb. 11 - Marquette University - Feb 10th, 2021
- Op Ed: Redistricting Should Consider Native Americans - Tehassi Hill - Feb 9th, 2021
Read more about Gerrymandering of Legislative Districts here