Former lawmakers to go ‘On the Issues’ for virtual bipartisan conversation on redistricting, Oct. 13
MILWAUKEE — Former State Sens. Tim Cullen and Dale Schultz will be featured guests for a bipartisan conversation on revising redistricting in an upcoming virtual “On the Issues with Mike Gousha,” Tuesday, Oct. 13. The video will be available at 12:15 p.m. on the Marquette University Law School website.
Next year, state legislators will draw new legislative maps for Wisconsin, a process carried out every 10 years. Cullen, a Democrat from Janesville, and Schultz, a Republican who represented Richland Center, are two proponents of changing the state’s approach to redistricting, which has become a partisan issue in Wisconsin.
The virtual “On the Issues” is available to members of the general public.
Through public programming such as the Marquette Law School Poll, debates featuring candidates in significant political races, Gousha’s “On the Issues” conversations with newsmakers, public lectures by leading scholars, conferences on significant issues of public importance and the work of its Lubar Center for Public Policy Research and Civic Education, the Law School serves as the region’s leading venue for serious civil discourse about law and public policy matters.
- Former lawmakers to go ‘On the Issues’ for virtual bipartisan conversation on redistricting, Oct. 13 - Marquette University - Oct 12th, 2020
- The State of Politics: GOP Once Bypassed Governor on Redistricting - Steven Walters - Oct 12th, 2020
- Eric Holder Meets With State Redistricting Commission - Shawn Johnson - Oct 3rd, 2020
- People’s Maps Commission Plans First Hearing - Melanie Conklin - Sep 29th, 2020
- Film Details Disenfranchisement in Wisconsin - Erik Gunn - Sep 24th, 2020
- Can Wisconsin Create Fair District Maps? - Melanie Conklin - Sep 11th, 2020
- Fair Elections Project Applauds Judicial Panel’s Selections for the People’s Maps Commission - Wisconsin Fair Elections Project - Sep 11th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Announces Judicial Panel’s Selections for the People’s Maps Commission - Gov. Tony Evers - Sep 10th, 2020
- 11 Wisconsin Counties Have a Redistricting Referendum on Nov. 3 Ballot - Wisconsin Fair Maps Coalition - Sep 9th, 2020
- The State of Politics: Half Of Legislative Seats Already Decided? - Steven Walters - Aug 24th, 2020
Read more about Gerrymandering of Legislative Districts here