Florentine Opera Postpones Rigoletto to 2021
June 26, 2020 – MILWAUKEE, WI – Florentine Opera’s October 2020 production of Rigoletto has been postponed this fall as a result of public health issues related to COVID-19. Said Maggey Oplinger, General Director and CEO, “As difficult as it is to wait for the shows we love, keeping our audiences and performers safe is of paramount importance. We look forward to exploring the art form we love in different ways as we all wait for grand opera to take the stage again soon.”
WHY YOUR AUDIENCE WILL CARE:
The durability of the Florentine, which after 86 years, can withstand a pandemic as long as we handle it with care and grace. The Florentine is making this decision based on a number of factors, but specifically feedback from our audiences. With art forms that rely on many people being close together to create and enjoy a show, arts groups are struggling with how to transition. We are working on creating an art form packaged for virtual experience. Stay tuned for that innovation.
WHAT’S THE STORY:
Florentine Opera brings the entire cast, and MSO partners, to the 2021 production at the Marcus Performing Arts Center. It will be the exact same grand opera, but under safer circumstances. While we wait an additional year for Rigoletto, we won’t miss a beat. As Florentine Opera faces the challenges ahead, we are exploring new and creative ways to continue to bring opera to our community. Some of our signature performances such as Spotlight Series and Florentine Presents will have some smaller shows with small audiences, including streaming the performances.
Rigoletto tickets for 2020 will be honored for 2021. For ticketing questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Florentine Opera Box Office at 414-291-5700 x. 224.
Florentine Opera can be found at www.florentineopera.org
- State Creates 4 Community Vaccine Clinics - Megan Hart - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Vaccination Rate Increasing - Graham Kilmer - Feb 24th, 2021
- Wisconsin’s Emergency Powers Laws in Urgent Need of Reform - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Feb 24th, 2021
- Souls to the Polls Urges Sen. Johnson to Vote ‘Yes’ on COVID-19 Relief Bill in the U.S. Senate - Souls to the Polls Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- WI Daily: 566 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 23rd, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff to Honor the More Than 6,300 Wisconsinites and 500,000 Americans Lost to COVID-19 - Gov. Tony Evers - Feb 23rd, 2021
- WI Daily: 423 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 22nd, 2021
- Supervisor Goodwin Calls on Legislature and Governor Evers to Enact Wisconsin Stimulus Package - Sup. Shawn Rolland - Feb 22nd, 2021
- WI Daily: 403 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 21st, 2021
- WI Daily: 676 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 20th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by Florentine Opera Company
Hood Brings Two Decades of Integrated Marketing Experience to the Longstanding Arts Organization