First Stage cancels all remaining performances for 2019/20 season
A Message from First Stage:
Amid the public health crisis of coronavirus (COVID-19) and the subsequent ban on public gatherings of ten or more indefinitely, it is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the cancellation of the reminder of our 2019/20 season. The health and safety of patrons, students, families, artists, volunteers and staff is of utmost importance.
For patrons that had tickets to remaining 2019/20 season performances, there is good news!
- Ticket holders to GRETEL! will soon receive an e-mail with information on how to view this performance online. Stay tuned for details.
- For patrons that had tickets to THE LEGEND OF ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS, never fear! Our epic warriors will be ready to rock again in our 2020/21 season. Our box office will be in touch again soon with specific ticket options.
- Audiences with tickets to THE AMAZING LEMONADE GIRL (formerly ALEX AND THE AMAZING LEMONADE STAND) which was to run April 24 – May 17, this touching and inspiring world premiere will be part of our upcoming season. Look for more details from our box office.
We look forward to bringing our First Stage Family together again in the 2020/21 season, to share the joy and spirit of community that comes uniquely from that shared experience of live theater. Look for revised performance schedules for our upcoming season and updated Family Package renewal opportunities in the coming weeks.
While we’ve had to suspend the remainder of our in-person Theater Academy’s Spring Performance Classes and School Year Intensive classes this spring, those students will hear from Academy teachers about class offerings online. Our Young Company will be shifting their training to an online platform and exploring a digital presentation of YOU CAN’T TAKE IT WITH YOU, originally slated to take the stage in May. Current ticket holders for this production will hear from our box office soon. We anticipate welcoming students back into our classroom for our Theater Academy this summer as originally scheduled, fostering life skills through stage skills in a positive, encouraging environment.
Theater in Education
In the 2020/21 school year, our teaching artists will be energized and ready to work with students and educators throughout southeastern Wisconsin, integrating drama into the school curriculum, providing community enrichment opportunities and more. In the meantime, fun and exciting Theater in Education curriculum is in development to share online with our educators and young people during this time spent at home.
Stay tuned to your e-mail inbox, to firststage.org and our social media channels – including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube for uplifting, fun and enriching content for you and your family to enjoy from the safety of your homes.
Ways to Help
As we forge ahead, we hope you consider supporting First Stage, ensuring our strong success as we look towards a positive future. Here are some ways you can help:
- Make a gift to First Stage
- If you had tickets to one of the cancelled performances, you may donate your tickets to First Stage. Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for our Summer Theater Academy
- Create your Family Package for our 2020/21 season
- Purchase a gift certificate redeemable for tickets or Theater Academy classes
- Is there another way you would like to help? Please connect with Managing Director Betsy Corry at email@example.com. We would love to hear from you.
We truly appreciate your understanding and support in the weeks ahead. With our collective belief in the power of theater, we know we will get through these difficult times together, and come out stronger than ever. Thank you for being a member of our First Stage Family!
More about the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Milwaukee Health Department Announces Upcoming Changes to COVID-19 Services - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Mar 17th, 2023
- Fitzgerald Applauds Passage of COVID-19 Origin Act - U.S. Rep Scott Fitzgerald - Mar 10th, 2023
- DHS Expands Free COVID-19 Testing Program - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Feb 10th, 2023
- MKE County: COVID-19 Hospitalizations Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jan 16th, 2023
- Not Enough Getting Bivalent Booster Shots, State Health Officials Warn - Gaby Vinick - Dec 26th, 2022
- Nearly All Wisconsinites Age 6 Months and Older Now Eligible for Updated COVID-19 Vaccine - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Dec 15th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Bi-Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Dec 9th, 2022
- MKE County: COVID-19 Disease Burden Remains Stable - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2022
- MKE County: Wastewater Data Shows COVID-19 Uptick - Graham Kilmer - Nov 18th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Bi-Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Nov 11th, 2022
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by First Stage
First Stage brings Tolkien’s epic tale The Hobbit to Milwaukee Youth Arts CenterJan 18th, 2023 by First Stage
An immersive theatrical experience featuring 5 actors, 1 musician and 32 characters