Expanded Amtrak service for Foxconn plant on agenda for Public Transportation Review Board
The proposed Amtrak expansion could add three additional round trip runs between Milwaukee and Chicago daily.
On Thursday (February 8) the Public Transportation Review Board will be joined by representatives from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation and the Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission to discuss the possible expansion of Amtrak service in Milwaukee. The proposed Amtrak expansion could add three additional round trip runs between Milwaukee and Chicago daily, offering more options to commuters, according to Board Chair Alderman Robert J. Bauman.
The board will also take this proposal up as an opportunity to discuss the need for transit service to the Foxconn development in Pleasant Prairie.
The Public Transportation Review Board will also hear about a proposed bill (Assembly Bill 918) in the state Legislature that would prohibit city governments from regulating taxicab companies. Under the proposed legislation, the state’s Department of Safety and Professional Services would be the sole regulator of taxicab companies, maintaining control of all licensing for companies and their drivers.
The Public Transportation Review Board’s meeting tomorrow (Thursday, February 8 at 10 a.m. in room 301-B at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St.) The meeting will be carried live on the City Channel at www.milwaukee.gov/channel25.
- Murphy’s Law: About That Foxconn Venture Capital Fund - Bruce Murphy - Mar 30th, 2021
- Back in the News: Foxconn Could Invest $13 Billion - Bruce Murphy - Mar 16th, 2021
- Lawsuit Against Foxconn Dropped - Corri Hess - Mar 8th, 2021
- Hintz Doubts Foxconn Electric Car Project - Corri Hess - Mar 2nd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The Foxconn Real Estate Show - Bruce Murphy - Feb 25th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Local Costs for Foxconn Cut By 2% - Bruce Murphy - Feb 8th, 2021
- Foxconn Sued for Breach of Contract - Corri Hess - Feb 4th, 2021
- Vos and Wanggaard Continue to Gaslight Public on Foxconn Development - A Better Mt. Pleasant - Feb 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Robin Vos Will Solve Foxconn Fiasco - Bruce Murphy - Feb 2nd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: 9 Reasons a New Foxconn Contract Is Unlikely - Bruce Murphy - Dec 21st, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Bob Bauman