Erpenbach Responds to Vos Press Conference with No New Ideas
State Senator Jon Erpenbach (D-West Point) released the following statement in response to the Assembly GOP press conference today.
“Today we saw a total lack of leadership from Representative Vos, and Senate Republicans were absent altogether. April 15th was the last time we took the floor to address this issue and Robin Vos hasn’t brought a thing to the table since. The latest Republican ‘ideas’ of testing and contact tracing could have, in fact, should have, been addressed months ago were it not for GOP inaction.
Ever since Republicans went to court to stop The Evers Administration from combating COVID-19, we’ve been told by the GOP that they were working on legislation. That was months ago, and still nothing.
Ninety-two people have died since yesterday and Speaker Vos is still trying to blame Governor Evers. As the Governor has been saying over and over again, his door has been open, it’s the majority Republicans who continue to say no. And, it’s not lost on Wisconsinites that the Republican Speaker of the State Assembly held a press conference today and said nothing.”
- WI Daily: 558 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 12th, 2021
- WILL Sues Biden Administration for Race, Sex Discrimination in Allocation of COVID Relief Funds for Restaurants - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - May 12th, 2021
- WI Daily: 517 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 11th, 2021
- Court Watch: Courts Face Shortage of Defense Lawyers - Gretchen Schuldt - May 11th, 2021
- COVID-19 pandemic heightens need for mental health professionals - Meta House - May 11th, 2021
- Milwaukee Bucks to Increase Fan Capacity at Fiserv Forum to 50% for Playoffs - Milwaukee Bucks - May 11th, 2021
- FDA Approves Vaccine for Kids 12 to 15 - Graham Kilmer - May 10th, 2021
- Black Husky Hosting Vaccine Clinic - Graham Kilmer - May 10th, 2021
- WI Daily: 205 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 10th, 2021
- It’s time to re-open City Hall - Ald. Michael Murphy - May 10th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here