Erpenbach Responds to Vos Press Conference with No New Ideas
State Senator Jon Erpenbach (D-West Point) released the following statement in response to the Assembly GOP press conference today.
“Today we saw a total lack of leadership from Representative Vos, and Senate Republicans were absent altogether. April 15th was the last time we took the floor to address this issue and Robin Vos hasn’t brought a thing to the table since. The latest Republican ‘ideas’ of testing and contact tracing could have, in fact, should have, been addressed months ago were it not for GOP inaction.
Ever since Republicans went to court to stop The Evers Administration from combating COVID-19, we’ve been told by the GOP that they were working on legislation. That was months ago, and still nothing.
Ninety-two people have died since yesterday and Speaker Vos is still trying to blame Governor Evers. As the Governor has been saying over and over again, his door has been open, it’s the majority Republicans who continue to say no. And, it’s not lost on Wisconsinites that the Republican Speaker of the State Assembly held a press conference today and said nothing.”
- MKE County: Report Shows How Social Factors Affect COVID-19 - Graham Kilmer - Nov 23rd, 2020
- WI Daily: 3,095 New COVID-19 Cases Reported Monday - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Wisconsin National Guard tops 900,000 COVID-19 tests collected; testing week shortened over Thanksgiving holiday - Wisconsin National Guard Public Affairs - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Mayo Clinic Puts Hospital Beds in Garage, Lobbies as COVID-19 Surges - Rich Kremer - Nov 23rd, 2020
- The State of Politics: State Officials Can’t Agree on Pandemic - Steven Walters - Nov 23rd, 2020
- WILL Files Original Action in WI Supreme Court to Halt Latest Dane County Gathering Ban, Restrictions on Businesses - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Gov. Evers Announces Wisconsin has Shipped One Millionth N95 Mask through State Distribution System - Gov. Tony Evers - Nov 23rd, 2020
- WI Daily: 3,507 New Cases, 0 Deaths Reported Sunday - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 22nd, 2020
- Rising Cases, Stress at One Hospital - Bram Sable-Smith - Nov 22nd, 2020
- State High Court to Review School Shutdown - Ruth Conniff - Nov 22nd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by State Sen. Jon Erpenbach
Long-Sought change will help those in need of substance use recovery and treatment