Downtown Activates 11 Metered Parking Spaces for One-Day Event Tomorrow
Parking spaces transformed for global PARK(ing) Day on Sept. 15
Parking spaces around the globe will be transformed on Friday, Sept. 15 for international PARK(ing) Day. From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 11 metered parking spaces in downtown Milwaukee will be reimagined into new territories with games, food and live music.
From giant Connect 4 to cornhole, coffee to cupcakes, acoustic Irish folk to rap, and everything in between, each of the 11 locations will feature a different set of activities and live entertainment.
- CityCenter at 735 – 735 N. Water Street
- City.Net Café – 306 E. Wisconsin Avenue
- Classy Girl Cupcakes – 825 N. Jefferson Street
- Urban Milwaukee – 326 E. Mason Street
- Rinka Chung – 400 E. Mason Street
- Postman Square – 800 N. Plankinton Avenue
- Kahler Slater & AIAS UW-Milwaukee – 214 W. Wisconsin Avenue
- NEWaukee & Pilcrow Coffee – 275 W. Wisconsin Avenue
- Who’s On Third – 1007 N. Old World Third Street
- Meat On The Street – 500 W. Wisconsin Avenue
- Central Library, Quorum Architects, Craft Culture & Deco Café – 814 W. Wisconsin Avenue
“We’re excited to join the movement,” said Beth Weirick, CEO of Milwaukee Downtown, BID #21. “PARK(ing) Day is a fun way to engage our property owners and partners in placemaking, while demonstrating that the central business district is a vibrant place to live, work and open a business. Temporary greening and landscaping is generously provided by KEI Landscaping, Inc. To see a full list of downtown Milwaukee’s locations and activities, visit www.milwaukeedowntown.com/parking-day.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Downtown BID 21
A request for qualifications has been issued seeking submissions from an artist or artist collective.
Five nights of sipping and sampling at 25+ downtown Milwaukee restaurants
Downtown advocacy group signs 10-year lease at The Avenue