DNR Publishes Annual Report Card On Efforts To Protect Wisconsin’s Drinking Water Supplies
MADISON, Wis. – The Department of Natural Resources recently published its 2019 Annual Drinking Water Report which summarizes compliance with the drinking water requirements and highlights statewide efforts to help public water systems provide safe and adequate drinking water supplies.
Last year, more than 99% of Wisconsin’s public water systems provided water that met safe drinking water standards.
“This level of success depends on a lot of hard work by many people all over the state,” said Steve Elmore, program director of the Bureau of Drinking Water and Groundwater. “Managing Wisconsin’s drinking water resources and adhering to state and federal regulations would not be possible without strong collaborative partnerships between the DNR, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), public water systems, county health officials, professional associations, individual operators, other water quality organizations and water consumers.”
Gov. Tony Evers declared 2019 the Year of Clean Drinking Water, focusing attention on the importance of safe drinking water and initiating new efforts to address concerns about contamination from nitrate, lead and PFAS.
“Wisconsin faces numerous challenges, including aging infrastructure, limited funding, nitrate contamination and threats from emerging contaminants,” said Adam DeWeese, DNR Public Water Supply section chief. “But the DNR and many other people are working hard to meet those challenges and protect the state’s drinking water.”
View the 2019 Annual Drinking Water Report here or call 608-266-1054 to request a copy.
- DNR To Fund Sampling Of Hundreds Of Potable Wells For PFAS In The Town Of Peshtigo - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Sep 30th, 2020
- 13% of Wells Near JCI Site Have Elevated PFAS Levels - Danielle Kaeding - Sep 27th, 2020
- DNR Notified Of Possible Separate Contamination Issue At Marinette Facility That Has Paused PFAS Treatment - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Sep 18th, 2020
- 99% of State Public Water Meets Standards - Danielle Kaeding - Sep 16th, 2020
- DNR To Host Online Listening Sessions Sept. 16 Regarding PFAS Deer Tissue Sampling And Other Investigation Activities In Marinette, Peshtigo And Surrounding Communities - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Sep 15th, 2020
- DNR Publishes Annual Report Card On Efforts To Protect Wisconsin’s Drinking Water Supplies - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Sep 14th, 2020
- 2/3rds of State’s Fire Departments Stock Foam With PFAS - Danielle Kaeding - Sep 11th, 2020
- DNR Publishes Results Of Firefighting Department PFAS Survey - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Sep 10th, 2020
- Water Tech Challenge Targets PFAS - Graham Kilmer - Sep 1st, 2020
- Groundwater Coordinating Council Releases Recommendations To Improve Groundwater Quality And Quantity In Wisconsin - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Sep 1st, 2020
Read more about PFAS Problem here