Department of Revenue Collections, April FY2020 General Purpose Revenue ($ in thousands – rounded)
|Collections for Month||Collections to Date|
|Revenue Source||FY19||FY20||% change||FY19||FY20||% change|
|General Sales & Use||480,142||432,488||-9.9%||4,164,605||4,310,792||3.5%|
This report includes general purpose revenue (GPR) taxes remitted to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue for the month of April, primarily for taxable activity that occurred in March or for the period ending in March. It does not include taxes collected by the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, administrative fees, and other miscellaneous revenues. Total General Fund tax collections are reported in the Department of Administration’s Report of Monthly General Fund Financial Information, which includes GPR and program revenue taxes collected by all state agencies.
- For Fiscal Year 2019 (FY19), the adjusted line excludes withholding that was received on the first working day of April, rather than the last day of March, which was a weekend day last year. Year-to-date revenues were not affected.
- Due dates for individual income and corporate income return and estimated payments were delayed from April 15th until July 15th. As a result, those revenue streams were greatly reduced during the month of April of this year and explain the revenue declines for those tax types.
- Individual Income includes 62.0% of pass-thru withholding. Corporate Income includes the remaining 38.0%.
- The Other category includes estate, utility, and real estate transfer tax collections.
- Total does not include insurance premium taxes.
- This report is generated from the STAR Accounting System. Timing differences may cause the amounts in this report to differ from reports produced by the Department of Administration.
- All data are preliminary and unaudited.