Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Press Release

Department of Revenue Collections, April FY2020 General Purpose Revenue ($ in thousands – rounded)

 

By - May 21st, 2020 03:03 pm
Collections for Month Collections to Date
Revenue Source FY19 FY20 % change FY19 FY20 % change
Individual Income      1,513,586          545,127 -64.0%      7,033,133      6,347,633 -9.7%
Adjusted      1,220,870          545,127 -55.3%      7,033,133      6,347,633 -9.7%
General Sales & Use          480,142          432,488 -9.9%      4,164,605      4,310,792 3.5%
Corporate          258,176            81,150 -68.6%      1,064,236      1,259,076 18.3%
Excise Taxes            44,827            72,807 62.4%          496,831          525,683 5.8%
Other            11,090            13,680 23.4%          256,825          258,996 0.8%
Total GPR      2,307,820      1,145,251 -50.4%    13,015,630    12,702,180 -2.4%
Adjusted      2,015,104      1,145,251 -43.2%    13,015,630    12,702,180 -2.4%

This report includes general purpose revenue (GPR) taxes remitted to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue for the month of April, primarily for taxable activity that occurred in March or for the period ending in March. It does not include taxes collected by the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, administrative fees, and other miscellaneous revenues. Total General Fund tax collections are reported in the Department of Administration’s Report of Monthly General Fund Financial Information, which includes GPR and program revenue taxes collected by all state agencies.

Notes:

  1. For Fiscal Year 2019 (FY19), the adjusted line excludes withholding that was received on the first working day of April, rather than the last day of March, which was a weekend day last year.  Year-to-date revenues were not affected.
  2. Due dates for individual income and corporate income return and estimated payments were delayed from April 15th until July 15th.  As a result, those revenue streams were greatly reduced during the month of April of this year and explain the revenue declines for those tax types.
  3. Individual Income includes 62.0% of pass-thru withholding. Corporate Income includes the remaining 38.0%.
  4. The Other category includes estate, utility, and real estate transfer tax collections.
  5. Total does not include insurance premium taxes.
  6. This report is generated from the STAR Accounting System. Timing differences may cause the amounts in this report to differ from reports produced by the Department of Administration.
  7. All data are preliminary and unaudited.

Mentioned in This Press Release

Leave a Reply

You must be an Urban Milwaukee member to leave a comment. Membership, which includes a host of perks, including an ad-free website, tickets to marquee events like Summerfest, the Wisconsin State Fair and the Florentine Opera, a better photo browser and access to members-only, behind-the-scenes tours, starts at $9/month. Learn more.

Join now and cancel anytime.

If you are an existing member, sign-in to leave a comment.

Have questions? Need to report an error? Contact Us