Department of Public Works to Relax Parking Enforcement
Focusing enforcement on safety-related violations
Effective immediately, the City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works has suspended all timed, metered and night parking restrictions to accommodate residents who are home due to COVID-19. Vehicles will not be required to alternate side-park or have night parking permits.
Vehicles must abide by all other parking regulations, including posted “NO PARKING” signs. Parking Enforcement will focus on safety-related violations including unauthorized parking in a handicapped space, obstructing traffic/bicycle/streetcar lanes, and parking too close to an alley/driveway/fire hydrant/crosswalk.
Additionally, No Parking in a Loading Zone (including Carryout Zones) will be actively enforced. Per Wisconsin statute, a vehicle must be attended while actively loading/unloading so that it may promptly be moved in case of an emergency or to avoid obstruction of traffic.
- WI Daily: 324 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 2nd, 2021
- 34 Vaccine Doses Spoil at Wisconsin Center - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 2nd, 2021
- 8.7% of State Now Fully Vaccinated - Graham Kilmer - Mar 2nd, 2021
- Statement from the Milwaukee Health Department - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Mar 2nd, 2021
- Marquette Plans In-Person Classes in Fall - Graham Kilmer - Mar 2nd, 2021
- WI Daily: 308 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 1st, 2021
- Wisconsin Anticipates First Shipment of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Mar 1st, 2021
- Marquette University announces in-person plans for fall 2021 semester - Marquette University - Mar 1st, 2021
- Dane County Drops Most Fines Against Dance Studio - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Mar 1st, 2021
- Back in the News: Uline Workers Suffer Higher COVID-19 Rates - Bruce Murphy - Mar 1st, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee Deptartment of Public Works
Meter enforcement, smart meter parking rate change take effect Tuesday June 23, 2020