Conservation voters urge expansion of clean water protections
MADISON – Gov. Tony Evers has called a special legislative session for May 25 to expand BadgerCare and invest the $1 billion in cost savings realized under the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
“It is imperative that elected representatives understand what their constituents really want,” said Government Affairs Director Jennifer Giegerich. “With this expansion, Wisconsinites would get access to healthcare to prevent chronic illnesses. But, it also means that there will be more money available in our budget to reduce threats to our drinking water from PFAS and lead. It’s the ultimate win-win.”
The messages of support specifically ask legislators to support:
- $100 million dollars for lead lateral replacements in Wisconsin.
- $10 Million for local government grants for PFAS Remediation. This grant program would directly provide assistance to communities affected by PFAS contamination and help communities respond to and remediate contaminated sites.
To view the action issued today click here.
- Environmental Groups Seek to Intervene in PFAS Case - Danielle Kaeding - Jun 15th, 2021
- Conservation voters urge expansion of clean water protections - Wisconsin Conservation Voters - May 20th, 2021
- DNR Hosts Virtual Listening Sessions On PFAS Contamination In Marinette & Peshtigo On May 19 - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - May 18th, 2021
- AG Kaul Leads 19 AGs in Urging EPA to Require Public Water Systems to Monitor for Additional PFAS - Josh Kaul - May 10th, 2021
- Peshtigo Residents Faced “Massive” PFAS Contamination - John McCracken - May 7th, 2021
- Evers, Democrats Push PFAS Contamination Bill - Hope Kirwan - Apr 22nd, 2021
- Gov. Evers, State Legislators Announce Legislation to Address Statewide PFAS Contamination - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 21st, 2021
- State Officials Push Action on PFAS - Shamane Mills - Apr 20th, 2021
- PFAS In Wisconsin Webinar 2 p.m. April 19 - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Apr 16th, 2021
- New Fish Consumption Advisory For Silver Creek - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Apr 15th, 2021
Read more about PFAS Problem here