Clerk Christenson Welcomes Opportunity to Demonstrate Accuracy of Milwaukee County Election System
MILWAUKEE – The Milwaukee County Election Commission is prepared for a recount of the 2020 Presidential election and plans to start the recount process on Friday at the Wisconsin Center, 400 W. Wisconsin Ave., if one is ordered.
“While I believe that this recount request is unfounded and unnecessary, I welcome it as an opportunity to prove to the voters of Milwaukee County, the State of Wisconsin and the entire country that our systems are accurate, our elections are transparent and our election results are correct. Milwaukee County proved the accuracy of our elections in 2016 when that recount was conducted, and we will prove it again with this recount,” said Christenson.
The Milwaukee County Board of Canvassers will oversee the recount and will coordinate with municipal clerks and local election commission staff to ensure an orderly and efficient process.
Milwaukee County Election Commission staff will schedule municipal elections workers to be at the Wisconsin Center on specific days, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with the expectation that most of the 19 municipalities will conclude their recount by Wednesday, November 25.
Recount activities at the Wisconsin Center will pause for Thanksgiving Day. Additional days will be available to continue counting after Thanksgiving if necessary.
Results of the recount are due to the Wisconsin Election Commission by 12:00 p.m. on Dec. 1.
- Spindell Gets Second Term on Elections Commission - Henry Redman - Apr 30th, 2021
- A Tale of Two Elections - Melanie Conklin - Apr 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission Head Saw No Problems in Green Bay - Megan Hart - Mar 31st, 2021
- ‘Kraken’ Lawsuits Not Based on Facts - Graham Kilmer - Mar 23rd, 2021
- Republicans Attack Zuckerberg Election Grants Again - Shawn Johnson - Mar 11th, 2021
- Supreme Court Brushes Off Trump Election Challenge - Graham Kilmer - Mar 8th, 2021
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Wisconsin ‘Kraken’ Suit - Graham Kilmer - Mar 1st, 2021
- Op Ed: Waukesha Republicans’ Pillow Paranoia - James Wigderson - Feb 25th, 2021
- Spindell Can Vote on Whether to Investigate Himself - Henry Redman - Feb 17th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: 10 Republicans Accused of Voter Fraud - Bruce Murphy - Feb 16th, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here