Clerk Christenson Welcomes Opportunity to Demonstrate Accuracy of Milwaukee County Election System
MILWAUKEE – The Milwaukee County Election Commission is prepared for a recount of the 2020 Presidential election and plans to start the recount process on Friday at the Wisconsin Center, 400 W. Wisconsin Ave., if one is ordered.
“While I believe that this recount request is unfounded and unnecessary, I welcome it as an opportunity to prove to the voters of Milwaukee County, the State of Wisconsin and the entire country that our systems are accurate, our elections are transparent and our election results are correct. Milwaukee County proved the accuracy of our elections in 2016 when that recount was conducted, and we will prove it again with this recount,” said Christenson.
The Milwaukee County Board of Canvassers will oversee the recount and will coordinate with municipal clerks and local election commission staff to ensure an orderly and efficient process.
Milwaukee County Election Commission staff will schedule municipal elections workers to be at the Wisconsin Center on specific days, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with the expectation that most of the 19 municipalities will conclude their recount by Wednesday, November 25.
Recount activities at the Wisconsin Center will pause for Thanksgiving Day. Additional days will be available to continue counting after Thanksgiving if necessary.
Results of the recount are due to the Wisconsin Election Commission by 12:00 p.m. on Dec. 1.
- Wisconsin Recount Grows Biden’s Margin, But Trump Says Fight Isn’t Over - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- Trump Promises Lawsuit Challenging Wisconsin Election Results - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- New Lawsuit Challenges Election Drop Boxes, Wants Election Thrown Out - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 27th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Completes Recount - George Christenson - Nov 27th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Recount Finished, Dane County Continuing - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 27th, 2020
- Counting Effectively Completed, Milwaukee County Recount Will Finish on Friday - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 25th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Recount Back on Schedule - George Christenson - Nov 25th, 2020
- Tempers Flare, Monty Python Crack Offered at Recount - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 25th, 2020
- Recount an Insult to Minority Voters? - Isiah Holmes - Nov 25th, 2020
- Trump Allies Sue To Throw Out Wisconsin Election - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 24th, 2020
Read more about 2020 General Election here