City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update
MILWAUKEE – The gating metrics this week once again showed a slight increase over last. The burden rate is now 247.4 positive cases per 100,000 people, the highest value observed since this metric was introduced in January 2021, and remains in the “extreme transmission” category. The percentage of positive cases is at 9.4% and remains in the “substantial transmission” category.
Earlier today, Wisconsin Department of Health Services and Governor Tony Evers announced an extension of the $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Reward Program. Wisconsin residents now have until September 19 to receive their first dose of COVID-19 vaccination and be eligible to receive a $100 incentive. More information can be found at 100.wisconsin.gov. Currently, 53.4% City of Milwaukee adults over the age of 16 are fully vaccinated and 58.8% have received at least their first dose.
If you experience symptoms common with COVID-19, have come in close contact with someone presumed or confirmed positive, or need to obtain a negative COVID-19 test, please be sure to plan accordingly. Testing volume continues to increase across the city, and results from the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) COVID-19 tests that are administered by the Milwaukee Health Department take approximately 48 hours to receive. More information about receiving a COVID-19 test in Milwaukee can be found at Milwaukee.gov/COVIDtesting.
In observance of the holiday weekend, the Milwaukee Health Department’s COVID-19 vaccination and testing services at Northwest Health Center, Southside Health Center, and American Family Field will be closed Saturday through Monday. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, September 7. Additionally, there will be no MHD mobile vaccination clinics scheduled this weekend. Vaccines will be administered by other organizations at sites across the city and county. Visit vaccines.gov to find a vaccination location near you. The upcoming mobile clinic schedule can be found at Milwaukee.gov/COVIDvax.
- UW System Vaccination Rates Vary Widely - Rich Kremer - Sep 18th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Cases Still High in Milwaukee County - Graham Kilmer - Sep 17th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department excusing inaction with insufficient data, right-wing talking points - Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association - Sep 16th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Delivers Radio Address on New Investments to Support Local COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Recovery - Gov. Tony Evers - Sep 16th, 2021
- UWM reaches 70% vaccination rate goal, pushes for more - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee - Sep 16th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Biden Vaccine Plan Helps GOP Governors - Bruce Thompson - Sep 15th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DHS Remind Wisconsinites to Get Vaccinated to Get $100 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Sep 15th, 2021
- American Family Field COVID-19 Testing Site Closing - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 14th, 2021
- For Ron Johnson, Prolonging the Pandemic is Just Another Day at the Office - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Sep 14th, 2021
- Nursing Home Workers Resist Vaccines - Madeline Fuerstenberg - Sep 13th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here