City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update
MILWAUKEE – This week’s gating metrics provide cautious optimism. The burden rate reported this week is 232.5 positive COVID-19 cases per 100,000 people. This is a slight decrease from 240.3 per 100,000 that was reported on Tuesday. Additionally, the percentage of positive tests dropped from 10.9% last week to 10.4%. Both metrics remain in their same categories, “extreme transmission” and “high transmission” respectively, but the data may indicate we are past the peak of cases.
The FDA and CDC voted to approve a booster shot of Pfizer’s or Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine for immunocompromised individuals. At this time, there is not data to support a Johnson & Johnson vaccine booster, but the FDA and CDC are working to provide guidance. The Milwaukee Health Department is working closely with Wisconsin Department of Health Services and will be following their guidance regarding administration of the booster. Boosters are not anticipated to be available in the city of Milwaukee until next week.
Currently, 51.5% of City of Milwaukee adults over the age of 16 have completed their vaccination series, and 56.4% have received at least their first dose. The Milwaukee Health Department continues exploring multiple channels to administer vaccination to Milwaukee residents. To date, the door-to-door vaccination team and community mobilizers have vaccinated 468 residents in their homes.
More information on mobile vaccination clinics and hours for the Northwest Health Center and Southside Health Center vaccination sites can be found at Milwaukee.gov/COVIDvax. Information on COVID-19 testing, including testing hours and closed dates at American Family Field, can be found at Milwaukee.gov/COVIDtesting.
- UW System Vaccination Rates Vary Widely - Rich Kremer - Sep 18th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Cases Still High in Milwaukee County - Graham Kilmer - Sep 17th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department excusing inaction with insufficient data, right-wing talking points - Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association - Sep 16th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Delivers Radio Address on New Investments to Support Local COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Recovery - Gov. Tony Evers - Sep 16th, 2021
- UWM reaches 70% vaccination rate goal, pushes for more - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee - Sep 16th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Biden Vaccine Plan Helps GOP Governors - Bruce Thompson - Sep 15th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DHS Remind Wisconsinites to Get Vaccinated to Get $100 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Sep 15th, 2021
- American Family Field COVID-19 Testing Site Closing - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 14th, 2021
- For Ron Johnson, Prolonging the Pandemic is Just Another Day at the Office - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Sep 14th, 2021
- Nursing Home Workers Resist Vaccines - Madeline Fuerstenberg - Sep 13th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here