Celebrate Earth Week with an Earth Friendly Ride
Throughout the week (April 20 – 26) we invite the public to join us as we recognize the important role that public transportation plays in making the world greener.
Riding the bus is an easy way to help the planet by reducing traffic congestion and emissions. Earth Day is Monday, April 22 and the Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) is celebrating the earth-friendly benefits of riding the bus. Throughout the week (April 20 – 26) we invite the public to join us as we recognize the important role that public transportation plays in making the world greener.
Using public transportation is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint. Carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from vehicles are a component of greenhouse gases. The American Public Transportation Association states that in the United States, greenhouse gases from transportation represent 28% of total emissions. Even giving up your car ride to work for one day a year can have an impact on reducing those carbon emissions. Visit RideMCTS.com/Footprint-Calculator to find out how riding the bus reduces your CO2 emissions.
Schedule of MCTS Earth Week Events:
- Saturday April 20: Visit MCTS at the Urban Ecology Center’s Earth Day Festival and try our bike rack from 12 – 4 pm. We’ll be at all three UEC locations: Riverside Park, Washington Park and Menomonee Valley.
- Sunday April 21: Ride the Rt. 90 (Miller Park) bus to the game and get a coupon for a free ride in May! (while supplies last) Milwaukee Brewers vs. Chicago Cubs, 1:10 pm at Miller Park, service begins at 11:10 am.
- Monday April 22: Sticker Day. Ride the bus to get a special Earth Day sticker to proudly wear and show your family and friends! (while supplies last)
- Tuesday April 23: Watch our social media for Special Earth Day deals from local business partners.
- Wednesday April 24: Thank Your Driver Day. Thank your driver in person and tell us why you appreciate their service.
- Thursday April 25: We’ll share 100 Reasons for Riding the Bus given to us by our customers.
- Friday April 26: Bring a friend along on your earth-friendly ride and send us your photo!
More information is available on our website, RideMCTS.com
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee County Transit System
"The deal marks an end to negotiations that have been underway for 21 months."
In less than two years, the app has been downloaded more than 100,000 times, received thousands of positive reviews and achieved an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars in the iOS App Store.
The Facility Is Open to the Public on Saturday, Sept. 28 Only