Bucks Groundbreaking and Second Annual Block Party Set for June 18
Oscar Robertson, Jabari Parker, Bucks owners and elected officials all scheduled to attend
Construction on a new multi-purpose arena will officially begin at the Bucks Groundbreaking and Second Annual Bucks Block Party on Saturday, June 18. The event, which will run from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., will give fans a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be present as the first shovels go in the ground for the transformational new arena in downtown Milwaukee. The official groundbreaking will take place on the corner of Fourth Street and Juneau Avenue, with the block party extending north on Fourth Street to McKinley Avenue and on Juneau Avenue between Fifth Street and Old World Third Street.
Bucks owners Wes Edens, Marc Lasry, Jamie Dinan and Mike Fascitelli, former Bucks owner Senator Herb Kohl, current Bucks players, including Jabari Parker and Steve Novak, and a number of Bucks legends including Oscar Robertson, Jon McGlocklin, Bob Dandridge, Bob Lanier, Sidney Moncrief, Marques Johnson, Wayne Embry and Fred Roberts, will all be on hand as the first dirt is turned at the new arena site in a special ceremony beginning at 11:30 a.m. Governor Scott Walker, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett and Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele will also be in attendance for the groundbreaking.
Fans attending can expect plenty of surprises during the ceremony, making this groundbreaking a truly unique and one-of-a-kind event. Following the ceremony, the Bucks Block Party will continue into the streets with local music acts, food vendors and interactive kids games set up throughout the block party for fans to eat, drink and celebrate with the Bucks. Entry into the Bucks Groundbreaking and Second Annual Block Party is free.
During the party, fans will have the opportunity to permanently leave their mark on the new arena by signing one of the first foundation piles that will be used during the construction of the arena. Additionally, fans will be able to take photos on the groundbreaking site with past and present Bucks players to commemorate the special event.
The Bucks are recommending that fans park in either the BMO Harris Bradley Center parking structure at Sixth Street and State Street or in the City of Milwaukee parking ramp on Fourth Street and Highland Avenue – which will only have access off Highland Avenue between Old World Third and Fourth Streets due to part of Fourth Street being closed for the event. Street parking will also be available.
More details on the event are below:
- The Second Annual Bucks Block Party will run from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Groundbreaking of the new arena will take place at 11:30 a.m.
- Appearances by current and former Bucks players including Jabari Parker, Steve Novak, Oscar Robertson, Sidney Moncrief, Bob Dandridge, Bob Lanier, Marques Johnson, Jon McGlocklin, Wayne Embry and Fred Roberts
- Opportunity to sign the first foundation pile that will be placed for the new area and the chance to get photographs on the groundbreaking site with past and present Bucks players
- Musical performances by Milwaukee-area artists including Shonn Hinton, Wave Chapelle, Evan Christian, Ray Nitti, Wait for Morning, BoxKar, Chasin’ Mason and DJ O
- Food and beverage provided by local food trucks, Davians Catering and vendors from Old World Third Street businesses including the Milwaukee Brat House, Who’s on Third and The Pub Club
- Showcase of local Bronzeville artists
- Interactive games including a Bucks Sport Court, rock climbing wall and children’s area
- Appearances by Bango, the Milwaukee Bucks Dancers, Rim Rockers, Hoop Troop, Bucks Beats, Bucks Grand Dancers and Young Bucks
To keep up to date on all of the details surrounding the Bucks Groundbreaking and Second Annual Block Party, fans can RSVP to the event at www.bucks.com/blockparty or at www.facebook.com/milwaukeebucks.
Arena Project Renderings
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Bucks
Milwaukee Bucks and Johnson Controls Launch Bucks Around The Globe In Advance of Team’s Game in ParisJan 21st, 2020 by Milwaukee Bucks
Bucks’ global fan base asked to submit photos or videos in support of the team for an opportunity to be featured on Bucks’ social channels and in-arena