Bradley: “The Madness and Violence Needs to End”
[Franklin] – Julian Bradley, Republican candidate for the 28th Senate District, released the following statement regarding last night’s violence in Madison:
“Last night, a mob claiming to be fighting for racial justice tore down statues of a man who gave his life for the cause of ending slavery and a representation of expanded voting rights. The same mob brutally attacked a democrat state legislator.
“The madness and the violence need to end.
“It is the end result of a Madison philosophy that believes in appeasement: defunding police, caving in to street violence, and unable to draw any moral lines to distinguish between righteous protest and mob brutality.
“Governor Tony Evers and Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway, your failure to lead is appalling, we must bring law and order back to the streets of Madison. The ignorant cowards who assaulted a State Senator must be brought to justice. Until the rule of law is restored, the cry of ‘No justice, no peace’ will take on a sad and sinister undertone.”
- Protesters Enter the Cheesecake Factory at Mayfair - Urban Milwaukee - Jul 2nd, 2020
- City Hall: Should Police Report Every Time They Draw Weapon? - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
- Giannis Protest Mural Planned for Bay View Bar - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
- Tosa PD Getting New Body Cameras - Isiah Holmes - Jul 2nd, 2020
- “Defund the Police” Painted On Street In Front of Milwaukee City Hall - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 1st, 2020
- “Defund the Police” Being Painted on Water Street - Urban Milwaukee - Jul 1st, 2020
- Your Right to Know: More Police Transparency Needed - Bill Lueders - Jul 1st, 2020
- I Sincerely Appreciate Your Kind Words of Support! - State Sen. Tim Carpenter - Jun 30th, 2020
- Vaun Mayes Released From Jail - Graham Kilmer - Jun 30th, 2020
- Frank Nitty Leads a Free Vaun Mayes Sit In at Courthouse - Urban Milwaukee - Jun 30th, 2020
Read more about George Floyd Protests here