Baseless investigation only seeks to cast doubt on our democracy
Statement of Alderman Michael J. Murphy November 7, 2020
Yesterday’s news that Assembly Speaker Robin Vos is using the Legislature’s power to investigate Tuesday’s election is both unwarranted and unnecessary. To this point no evidence has been provided to suggest Wisconsin’s election process was anything but exemplary, and the notion of inefficiency existing at Milwaukee’s central count that could have impacted the election is simply ridiculous.
The COVID-19 pandemic forced this election to proceed unlike any other, and in Milwaukee our Election Commission staff spent countless hours to produce an infrastructure that allowed residents to cast their votes in a safe and efficient manner. There are also the thousands of poll workers who stepped up to support this election and their fellow residents. All of these individuals deserve our gratitude and appreciation and not to have their effort needlessly dragged through the mud.
The people of Wisconsin have spoken. Perhaps instead of trying to undermine this election, the Speaker should spend more time working to combat the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and providing relief to families and businesses in need.
- Spindell Gets Second Term on Elections Commission - Henry Redman - Apr 30th, 2021
- A Tale of Two Elections - Melanie Conklin - Apr 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission Head Saw No Problems in Green Bay - Megan Hart - Mar 31st, 2021
- ‘Kraken’ Lawsuits Not Based on Facts - Graham Kilmer - Mar 23rd, 2021
- Republicans Attack Zuckerberg Election Grants Again - Shawn Johnson - Mar 11th, 2021
- Supreme Court Brushes Off Trump Election Challenge - Graham Kilmer - Mar 8th, 2021
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Wisconsin ‘Kraken’ Suit - Graham Kilmer - Mar 1st, 2021
- Op Ed: Waukesha Republicans’ Pillow Paranoia - James Wigderson - Feb 25th, 2021
- Spindell Can Vote on Whether to Investigate Himself - Henry Redman - Feb 17th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: 10 Republicans Accused of Voter Fraud - Bruce Murphy - Feb 16th, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Michael Murphy
Statement of Alderman Michael J. Murphy March 22, 2021