Assembly Republican COVID Bill Puts Corporations Ahead of Communities
MADISON, Wis. — As too many Wisconsinites struggle to secure such basic necessities as enough food on the table, safe and affordable housing, a living wage, and healthcare in the face of a deadly pandemic, Republicans in the state Assembly have passed, on a party-line vote, a bill that puts profit over people and corporations over communities.
In the new year, our elected representatives should prioritize our health and economic well-being. Instead, the Republican majority is doing the bidding of corporations who have, at times, failed to keep their employees safe.
While Assembly Republicans have ignored the pleas for help from their constituents, Republicans in the state Senate have yet to take a clear position on COVID relief.
Said A Better Wisconsin Together Executive Director Nicole Safar, “We urge members of the state Senate to work with Governor Evers on his proposal that puts people’s health and economic struggles ahead of corporate protections. Legislative Republicans need to work with the Governor and their Democratic colleagues to deliver real relief to the people and communities in our state.”
- MKE County: COVID-19 Being Suppressed Countywide - Graham Kilmer - Jan 21st, 2021
- WI Daily: 2,177 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 21st, 2021
- Republican Bills Hinder Wisconsin’s Efforts to Slow the Spread of COVID-19 - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Jan 21st, 2021
- Mass Vaccination Bill Clears Committee - Erik Gunn - Jan 21st, 2021
- President Joe Biden Takes Executive Action to Increase Supply of Vaccine, Medical and Testing Supplies - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Jan 21st, 2021
- DHS Releases Enhancements to COVID-19 Data Disease Activity Dashboard - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jan 21st, 2021
- WI Daily: 1,522 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 20th, 2021
- State Expands Eligibility for Vaccination - Graham Kilmer - Jan 20th, 2021
- WILL Files Lawsuit Challenging Dane County Health Department’s Authority to Enact COVID Restrictions - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Jan 20th, 2021
- Assembly Bill Seeks to Vaccinate Everyone - Erik Gunn - Jan 20th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here