Aspirus to Expand COVID-19 Testing
WAUSAU, Wis. – Aspirus now has the capability to provide COVID-19 testing for an increased number of patients. Any patient can be tested after being screened and displaying symptoms. Previously, only patients meeting specific criteria were tested.
“This is a big step forward in making our community a safer place,” said Aspirus System Laboratory Director Deakin Washatko. “This expanded testing will let symptomatic patients know if they are infected with COVID-19 as well as help Aspirus open up more procedures.”
The limited number of tests in the area was a big part of why many procedures needed to be postponed. Aspirus will now be able to begin to evaluate some cases and potentially bring those patients in for appropriate care.
The benefits of increased testing extend beyond the walls of Aspirus facilities.
“This testing will also help area businesses get back to work,” said Washatko. “We can help employers ensure their employees are returning to a safe environment as we continue to grow our testing abilities.”
Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should first call their primary care provider. One can also call the Aspirus COVID-19 Call Center at 1-844-568-0701 if unable to reach their primary care provider.
- WI Daily: 206 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 6th, 2021
- Surprising No One, Senator Johnson Votes Against Relief for Wisconsin Workers and Families - Opportunity Wisconsin - Mar 6th, 2021
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Votes to Pass the American Rescue Plan and Support Wisconsin - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Mar 6th, 2021
- WI Daily: 350 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 5th, 2021
- DHS and Laboratory Partners Identify Variant Strain B.1.351 of SARS-CoV-2 in Wisconsin - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Mar 5th, 2021
- Many South Side Seniors Now Eligible for Vaccination at Kosciuszko Community Center - Sup. Sylvia Ortiz-Velez - Mar 5th, 2021
- State Vaccine Hotline Up and Running - Graham Kilmer - Mar 5th, 2021
- County Targeting Vulnerable ZIP Codes for Vaccine - Graham Kilmer - Mar 5th, 2021
- Ron Johnson Pushes Conspiracies Ahead of Possible Third Term - Shawn Johnson - Mar 5th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DHS Announce 1 Million Wisconsinites Have Received at Least One Dose of the COVID-19 Vaccine - Gov. Tony Evers - Mar 5th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by Aspirus