Aspirus further limiting visitors at all locations
WAUSAU, Wis. – Aspirus is re-instating tighter visitor restrictions at its locations across Wisconsin and Upper Michigan to minimize the spread of respiratory infections like COVID-19, influenza and RSV. Aspirus’ temporary visitor restrictions, which will be fully implemented before the weekend, apply to both inpatient and outpatient settings to protect patients, staff and community members.
These restrictions will help the Aspirus team continue to provide safe, excellent care to all who need it.
Until further notice, visitors will not be allowed at Aspirus locations, with the following exceptions:
- Clinics – One adult support person allowed for patients with specific caregiving needs.
- Compassionate care – Visitation not restricted during end-of-life situations but may be managed at the discretion of the care team.
- COVID-19 patients – Visitors not permitted with exceptions considered for pediatric patients and in end-of-life situations.
- Inpatient areas – One adult health care decision maker or support person for patients with specific caregiving needs.
- Labor and delivery patients – Birth mother and one support person.
- Outpatient treatment centers (dialysis and oncology) – One adult support person.
- Patients under 18 – Two primary adult support persons.
- Surgery/procedure patients – One adult support person, recommended to wait in vehicle or designated location.
Nursing Home/Assisted Living residents
No visitors, however family members with special circumstances are encouraged to call the location to discuss. Aspirus nursing home/assisted living locations include:
- Tivoli at Divine Savior Healthcare– Portage, WI
- Aspirus Medford Hospital – Care and Rehabilitation and Country Gardens – Medford, WI
- Aspirus Pleasant View – Phillips, WI
- Aspirus Ontonagon Hospital Long Term Care – Ontonagon, MI
- Aspirus Langlade Hospital – Rosalia Gardens – Antigo, WI
All approved visitors are required to wear a facemask at all times while in an Aspirus facility.
In accordance with guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Aspirus is restricting all visitors who exhibit signs of fever or respiratory symptoms and those who are in quarantine or isolation per Public Health.
Aspirus appreciates the cooperation of its visitors, patients, associates and providers to support infection control efforts and help minimize the spread of respiratory infections and COVID-19. All community members are also encouraged to follow safety recommendations, including wearing a mask, physical distancing and staying home when ill.
- WI Daily: 525 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 8th, 2021
- COVID-19 Testing Results Must Be Made Public - Erika Siemsen - May 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 662 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 7th, 2021
- In New Interview, Ron Johnson Parrots Tucker Carlson’s Vaccine Lies - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - May 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 667 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 6th, 2021
- UW System campuses preparing for return of precollege and youth programs this summer - University of Wisconsin System - May 6th, 2021
- WI Daily: 639 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 5th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Ron Johnson Threatens Republicans - Bruce Thompson - May 5th, 2021
- WI Daily: 721 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 4th, 2021
- DHS Connecting Vaccinators with Groups Wanting On-Site Vaccination Clinics - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - May 4th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Aspirus