‘Art of the Red Kettle’ display to travel around Milwaukee County
Funds raised in the kettles will support The Salvation Army's 2018 Red Kettle Campaign.
MILWAUKEE COUNTY – Ten local artists have been selected to transform 10 of The Salvation Army’s iconic red kettles this season!
Each artist has painted their kettle with a unique design based on the theme: “Light of the World.” See the kettles here.
The kettles will be on display at the following locations throughout the county this season:
- 11/23-11/26: House of Harley-Davidson, 6221 W Layton Ave, Greenfield, WI 53220 (Contact: Kristin Wacker, Director of Marketing and Events, 414-988-7008)
- 11/26-11/30: Milwaukee Public Market, 400 N Water St, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- 11/30: Christmas in the Ward, Third Ward
- 12/7: Christkindl Market, 1111 Vel R. Phillips Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53203
- 12/15: Red Kettle on the Red Carpet Gala, 900 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53233
- 12/24: Oak Creek Salvation Army, 8853 S Howell Ave, Oak Creek, WI 53154
In the first year of this friendly competition, donors will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite piece of art via Facebook and donate to their favorite kettle through the following channels:
- Cash at the locations above
- Online: salar.my/KETTLEART
- By texting KETTLEART to 51555
Funds raised in the kettles will support The Salvation Army’s 2018 Red Kettle Campaign. Red Kettle Campaign donations help more than 80 programs and services in Milwaukee County, including the Feed the Kids summer meals program, Toy Shop, the Back to School program, Coats for Kids, Christmas Family Feast, multiple food pantries and the Emergency Lodge.
Read about the participating artists online at SAMilwaukee.org.
About The Salvation Army:
The Salvation Army, an evangelical part of the universal Christian church, has been supporting those in need in His name without discrimination since 1865. Nearly 33 million Americans receive assistance from The Salvation Army each year through the broadest array of social services that range from providing food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless and opportunities for underprivileged children. The Salvation Army tracks the level of need across the country with the Human Needs Index (Human NeedsIndex.org). Locally, 87 cents of every dollar raised is used to support programs and services in Milwaukee County.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County
$1.8 million raised in Milwaukee County so far
The Salvation Army Receives $10,300 AT&T Contribution to Support Emergency Lodge Shelter in MilwaukeeDec 7th, 2018 by The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County
AT&T volunteers also drop off winter items to help people experiencing homelessness stay warm this winter