Area Firms Awarded Additional Construction Awards Totaling $20 Million by Foxconn
Initial bid packages awarded for Smart Manufacturing Center at Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park
Mount Pleasant, WI – Foxconn Technology Group (Foxconn) and its construction manager for the Smart Manufacturing Center (SMC), Mortenson, today announced an additional subcontract under the SMC Bid Package #1 for construction work at the Wisconn Valley Science and Technology Park (WVSTP). The new awards total approximately $20 million dollars, bringing the total value for construction contracts awarded at the park to approx. $370 million.
The nearly 260,000-square-foot SMC will include first floor space for production capabilities and 40,000 square feet for office space in the mezzanine. In addition to the current WVSTP facilities, the SMC will contribute to the ecosystem of high-tech facilities, part of Foxconn’s investment in Wisconsin and creating roles for future employees. Concrete pours for foundations and footings began late last month and weather permitting, will follow an aggressive schedule before the next phase of building construction that is due to start early 2020.
New contracts announced as part of SMC Big Package #1 include:
- Earthwork: Hoffman Construction Co. – Black River Falls, WI
· Site Utilities: Willkomm Excavating & Grading, Inc. – Union Grove, WI
· Asphalt: Payne & Dolan, Inc. – Kenosha, WI
· Concrete Reinforce Materials: Harris Rebar Rockford, Inc. – Belvidere, IL
· Concrete Reinforcing Install: Chilstrom Erecting Corp. – West Milwaukee, WI
· SOG Concrete: Middleton Construction – Arlington, WI
· Precast: Spancrete, Inc. – Waukesha, WI
· Steel: LeJeune Steel Company – New Brighton, MN
· Metal Panels: CLS Racine, LLC – Racine, WI
· Roofing: CLS Racine, LLC – Racine, WI
· Overhead Doors: Arbon Equipment – Milwaukee, WI
· Glass, Glazing, Skylights: Klein-Dickert Milwaukee, Inc. – Pewaukee, WI
· Exterior Studs, Sheathing, Air Barrier: Olympic Companies, Inc. – Waukesha, WI
· Loading Dock Equipment: Systems LC DBA Poweramp – Germantown, WI
· Elevators: Otis Elevator Company – Milwaukee, WI
· Masonry: KMI Construction – New Berlin, WI
· Ready Mix Concrete Supply: Point Ready-Mix LLC – Kenosha, WI
All award recipients have met the criteria for the Wisconsin First program established for the construction of the WVSTP. Coordination activity for this work is currently underway.
Businesses interested in applying for competitive bids packages with Mortenson for Foxconn’s other facilities such as the Smart Manufacturing Center (SMC) and High-Performance Computing Data Center (HPCDC) are asked to visit wisconnvalley.wi.gov for upcoming opportunities and to register at https://bit.ly/2k9Qn5V.
Students, recent college graduates, job-seekers and veterans interested in pursuing careers in fields such as high-performance computing, smart manufacturing, industrial big data, cloud computing, smart display and industrial artificial intelligence are invited to visit foxconnjobs.us to learn more.
Foxconn Technology Group
Established in 1974, Foxconn Technology Group (“Foxconn”) is a leading technological solution provider, that has leveraged its expertise in software and hardware to integrate its unique manufacturing systems with emerging technologies.
By capitalizing on its expertise in Cloud Computing, Mobile Devices, IoT, Big Data, AI, Smart Networks and Robotics/Automation, the Group has expanded capabilities in four key technologies – Data Tech, Analytics Tech, Platform Tech, and Operations Tech. The company has research centers and testing laboratories internationally and has received more than 83,500 patents worldwide. In addition to maximizing value-creation for customers, Foxconn is also dedicated to enhancing the concept of environmental sustainability in the manufacturing process and serving as a best-practices model for global enterprises.
In 2018, Foxconn achieved US$175 billion in revenue, and has received an array of international accolades and recognition. The company was ranked 23rd in the Fortune Global 500 rankings in 2018 and 215th in the Forbes ranking of the World’s Best Employers that year. In 2019, the company was ranked 21st for Sales and was ranked 123rd overall in the Forbes Global 2000.
Mortenson is a U.S.-based, top-20 builder, developer, and engineering services provider serving the commercial, institutional, and energy sectors. Mortenson’s expanding portfolio of integrated services helps its customers move their strategies forward, ensuring their investments result in high-performing assets. The result is a turnkey partner, fully invested in the business success of its customers.
Founded in 1954, Mortenson has operations across the U.S. with offices in Chicago, Denver, Fargo, Iowa City, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Portland, San Antonio, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
Mortenson has been a staple in Wisconsin for over 30 years working with customers including Kohler Co.pany, Advocate Aurora Health, Marquette University, Milwaukee School of Engineering, the Milwaukee Bucks, and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin. Mortenson’s Wisconsin team includes 250 craft workers and professional team members. For additional information, visit www.mortenson.com.
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Foxconn Technology Group
Companies aim to produce 10,000 Puritan Bennett™ 560 ventilators together in the United States over the next year; partnership established after Medtronic announces Ventilator Open Source Initiative