AFSCME Wisconsin Statement on Historic Statewide Organizing Program and 2020 Electoral Victories
AFSCME Wisconsin applauds the landmark organizing work of AFSCME members, retirees, and local leaders which helped deliver a historic electoral victory for Wisconsin’s working families. Amid a global pandemic, AFSCME members mobilized to elect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as the next President and Vice President of the United States and contributed to the highest electoral turn out in our nation’s history.
Participants engaged in a unique organizing model geared towards long-term worker engagement and solidarity-building. From the Wisconsin state legislature to the U.S. presidency, AFSCME organizing efforts created the momentum necessary to develop worker power beyond a single election cycle.
AFSCME Wisconsin Executive Director Patrick Wycoff stated, “our work this election cycle was based on the premise that workers acting collectively can not only change their workplaces, but also their communities. In the last two months, AFSCME members’ nearly 40,000 phone calls to their coworkers laid the foundation for organizing activities which will outlast any elected leader. We invested in this program because we believe in the dignity of our essential work. We know that when we organize and stand together, our power is limitless. The voice of essential workers was heard loud and clear this election: we will not be silent; we will not stop organizing.”
- Sidney Powell Files Suit to Overturn State Election - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2020
- Trump Lawsuit Would Throw Out Only Milwaukee and Dane County Votes - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2020
- Op Ed: Stop Blaming People of Color - Angela Lang - Nov 30th, 2020
- State Declares Biden Won Election - Graham Kilmer - Nov 30th, 2020
- Recount Reaffirms that Wisconsin Voters Picked Joe Biden - A Better Wisconsin Together - Nov 30th, 2020
- Wisconsin Recount Grows Biden’s Margin, But Trump Says Fight Isn’t Over - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- Trump Promises Lawsuit Challenging Wisconsin Election Results - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- New Lawsuit Challenges Election Drop Boxes, Wants Election Thrown Out - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 27th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Completes Recount - George Christenson - Nov 27th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Recount Finished, Dane County Continuing - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 27th, 2020
Read more about 2020 General Election here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by AFSCME Wisconsin Council 32
Wycoff has a rich AFSCME history and deep devotion to the labor movement.