AFSCME Wisconsin Statement on Historic Statewide Organizing Program and 2020 Electoral Victories
AFSCME Wisconsin applauds the landmark organizing work of AFSCME members, retirees, and local leaders which helped deliver a historic electoral victory for Wisconsin’s working families. Amid a global pandemic, AFSCME members mobilized to elect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as the next President and Vice President of the United States and contributed to the highest electoral turn out in our nation’s history.
Participants engaged in a unique organizing model geared towards long-term worker engagement and solidarity-building. From the Wisconsin state legislature to the U.S. presidency, AFSCME organizing efforts created the momentum necessary to develop worker power beyond a single election cycle.
AFSCME Wisconsin Executive Director Patrick Wycoff stated, “our work this election cycle was based on the premise that workers acting collectively can not only change their workplaces, but also their communities. In the last two months, AFSCME members’ nearly 40,000 phone calls to their coworkers laid the foundation for organizing activities which will outlast any elected leader. We invested in this program because we believe in the dignity of our essential work. We know that when we organize and stand together, our power is limitless. The voice of essential workers was heard loud and clear this election: we will not be silent; we will not stop organizing.”
- Murphy’s Law: How Vos Pushes The Big Lie - Bruce Murphy - Jun 1st, 2021
- Hesselbein Votes No to Republican Private Investigators - State Rep. Dianne Hesselbein - May 28th, 2021
- Robin Vos Wasting Taxpayer Resources To Investigate Non-Existent Voter Fraud - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - May 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission to Discuss Suspected Voter Fraud Reports for 2020 and 2021 Elections - Wisconsin Elections Commission - May 24th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The Vanishing Courage of Mike Gallagher - Bruce Murphy - May 11th, 2021
- Op Ed: Liz Cheney’s Profile In Courage - Dave Cieslewicz - May 9th, 2021
- Spindell Gets Second Term on Elections Commission - Henry Redman - Apr 30th, 2021
- A Tale of Two Elections - Melanie Conklin - Apr 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission Head Saw No Problems in Green Bay - Megan Hart - Mar 31st, 2021
- ‘Kraken’ Lawsuits Not Based on Facts - Graham Kilmer - Mar 23rd, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here