AFP-WI’s Statement Ahead of Oral Arguments in Safer-At-Home Extension Lawsuit
MADISON, WI—Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin (AFP-WI) issued a statement ahead of oral arguments before the Wisconsin Supreme Court in the legislature’s suit against Governor Evers’ safer-at-home extension. Last week, AFP-WI filed an amicus brief in support of the legislature.
“There are commonsense ways people can work together to develop an approach that both protects health and keeps food on the table. By respecting core separation-of-powers principles and honoring the legislature and public’s role in addressing the crisis, government is more likely to develop the goodwill necessary for successful outcomes.”
Last week, AFP-WI announced it had filed an amicus brief in the state legislature’s lawsuit.
Prior, AFP-WI issued a statement of support in response to the Wisconsin Legislature’s lawsuit filing.
For further information or an interview, reach Nicole Tardif at NTardif@afphq.org or (571) 329-0161.
Through broad-based grassroots outreach, Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is driving long-term solutions to the country’s biggest problems. AFP activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit, where people succeed by helping one another. AFP recruits and unites Wisconsinites behind a common goal of advancing policies that will help people improve their lives. For more information, visit www.AmericansForProsperity.org
- WI Daily: 3,831 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 29th, 2020
- WI Daily: 5,033 New COVID-19 Cases, Over Half of Reported Tests - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 28th, 2020
- WI Daily: 1,033 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 27th, 2020
- WI Daily: 5,095 New Cases As Hospitalizations Fall - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 26th, 2020
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Blocks Racine School Closure Order, Grants WILL Original Action - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Nov 25th, 2020
- Milwaukee Unemployment Rising - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Testing, Cases Falling - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 25th, 2020
- Think Small on Thanksgiving, Evers Urges - Melanie Conklin - Nov 25th, 2020
- Milwaukee County House of Correction to Launch Soft Opening of Alternate Care Facility on Saturday, November 28 - County Executive David Crowley - Nov 25th, 2020
- COVID-19 Surging in State Prisons - Danielle Kaeding - Nov 25th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by AFP Wisconsin