AFP-WI Statement in Support of Wisconsin Legislature Lawsuit
“We support this lawsuit brought by the legislature that will protect constitutional separation of powers and require the Governor’s Administration to follow the law as it is written. The administrative rulemaking process includes legislative oversight for a reason – no single bureaucrat should be able to circumvent that oversight and upend our economy unilaterally.
“We also commend the restraint shown by the legislature in seeking a stay of the ruling, should they prove successful before the court, to give Governor Evers the opportunity to propose his plan lawfully. This lawsuit will ensure that all necessary parties have a seat at the table in making decisions about our state’s public health and economy.
“Protecting the public health is of utmost importance to us all, but we must recognize potential economic consequences. We need to engage health experts, the business community, and all branches of government to develop a bottom-up solution that will keep us safe while also minimizing economic harm for Wisconsinites. No single person can or should be developing policies on their own that threaten to upend our lives and economy indefinitely. This lawsuit is a needed step in ensuring a collaborative, bottom-up solution.
“AFP-WI will continue to work to find common ground and responsible solutions to protect the public health and people’s livelihoods.”
Click here to read more about how AFP believes businesses can best serve the public during the coronavirus pandemic.
For further information or an interview, reach Nicole Tardif Nicole Tardif at NTardif@afphq.org or (571) 329-0161.
Through broad-based grassroots outreach, Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is driving long-term solutions to the country’s biggest problems. AFP activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit, where people succeed by helping one another. AFP recruits and unites Wisconsinites behind a common goal of advancing policies that will help people improve their lives. For more information, visit www.AmericansForProsperity.org
- MKE County: After Stabilizing, COVID-19 Could Be Rising - Graham Kilmer - Dec 4th, 2020
- WI Daily: Active Hospitalizations Lower Than They Were A Month Ago - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 4th, 2020
- DHS Announces New COVID-19 Guidance on Quarantine Duration - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Dec 4th, 2020
- Families Struggle With Child Care Amid School Closures, Virtual Learning - Madeline Fox - Dec 4th, 2020
- Local Leaders Call for Additional Federal COVID-19 Relief - Henry Redman - Dec 4th, 2020
- WI Daily: 4,618 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Evers Announces $78 Million in COVID-19 Business Grants - Danielle Kaeding - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Federal and State Action Needed on COVID Relief for Wisconsin - State Sen. Jon Erpenbach - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Vos Pandemic Plan Sets Up Political Battle - Melanie Conklin and Erik Gunn - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Gov. Evers Announces $15 Million in Grants Distributed to Wisconsin’s Live Music and Entertainment Venues - Gov. Tony Evers - Dec 3rd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by AFP Wisconsin