AFP-WI Statement in Support of Newly Unveiled Legislative Recovery Plan
Americans for Prosperity – Wisconsin (AFP-WI) State Director Eric Bott issued the following statement in support of today’s newly announced recovery plan to allow people to safely get back to work:
“AFP-WI appreciates the thoughtful efforts of the business community, our health care providers, and legislature to come together to develop this plan that could safely allow Wisconsinites to get back to work.
“The choice between immediately lifting all restrictions and a complete shutdown with no specific timeline is a false choice. We are encouraged to see leaders utilizing the most up to date regional health data and other key metrics to try to responsibly allow businesses to begin bringing employees back to work without jeopardizing public health.
“We applaud these sensible efforts to work together across the state and across industries and look forward to working with other stakeholders to find innovative solutions that minimize economic hardship while protecting public health.”
For further information or an interview, reach Nicole Tardif at NTardif@afphq.org or (571) 329-0161.
Through broad-based grassroots outreach, Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is driving long-term solutions to the country’s biggest problems. AFP activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit, where people succeed by helping one another. AFP recruits and unites Wisconsinites behind a common goal of advancing policies that will help people improve their lives. For more information, visit www.AmericansForProsperity.org
- MKE County: Report Shows How Social Factors Affect COVID-19 - Graham Kilmer - Nov 23rd, 2020
- WI Daily: 3,095 New COVID-19 Cases Reported Monday - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Wisconsin National Guard tops 900,000 COVID-19 tests collected; testing week shortened over Thanksgiving holiday - Wisconsin National Guard Public Affairs - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Mayo Clinic Puts Hospital Beds in Garage, Lobbies as COVID-19 Surges - Rich Kremer - Nov 23rd, 2020
- The State of Politics: State Officials Can’t Agree on Pandemic - Steven Walters - Nov 23rd, 2020
- WILL Files Original Action in WI Supreme Court to Halt Latest Dane County Gathering Ban, Restrictions on Businesses - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Gov. Evers Announces Wisconsin has Shipped One Millionth N95 Mask through State Distribution System - Gov. Tony Evers - Nov 23rd, 2020
- WI Daily: 3,507 New Cases, 0 Deaths Reported Sunday - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 22nd, 2020
- Rising Cases, Stress at One Hospital - Bram Sable-Smith - Nov 22nd, 2020
- State High Court to Review School Shutdown - Ruth Conniff - Nov 22nd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by AFP Wisconsin