AFP-WI Offers Solutions to Address Ongoing Impacts of COVID-19
MADISON, WI-– Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin (AFP-WI) today released a statement as Wisconsin’s public health and economy continue to be impacted by COVID-19 and related business shutdowns. The grassroots organization urged elected officials to work through the legislative process to pass solutions that will help Wisconsin, the economy, and citizens recover and rebuild.
AFP-WI State Director Eric Bott issued the following statement offering solutions for elected officials to consider:
“Each branch of our government has a critical role to play in getting our state back on track to address the health and economic hardships our state is facing right now.
“Our state also needs to take steps to help our struggling economy recover and revive in the coming months. The Legislature and the Governor must adopt liability protections for businesses, schools, universities, and nonprofits so they can operate safely without fear of frivolous and costly lawsuits and work to address the ongoing backlogs in receiving unemployment insurance. The unemployment backlog must be fixed immediately to help those who were harmed by government-mandated shutdowns. Finally, any financial relief provided to businesses through this legislation must be targeted, timely, and temporary to help businesses survive the government-mandated closures and capacity limitations.
“Wisconsinites continue to be impacted by the economic and health effects of COVID-19. AFP-WI strongly encourages the Governor and the Legislature to begin working together through the legislative process to consider and adopt approaches to break down the barriers that continue to hinder our state’s response to COVID-19.”
For further information or an interview, reach Nicole Tardif at NTardif@afphq.org or (571) 329-0161.
Through broad-based grassroots outreach, Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is driving long-term solutions to the country’s biggest problems. AFP activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit, where people succeed by helping one another. AFP recruits and unites Wisconsinites behind a common goal of advancing policies that will help people improve their lives. For more information, visit www.AmericansForProsperity.org
- COVID-19 Testing Results Must Be Made Public - Erika Siemsen - May 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 662 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 7th, 2021
- In New Interview, Ron Johnson Parrots Tucker Carlson’s Vaccine Lies - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - May 7th, 2021
- WI Daily: 667 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 6th, 2021
- UW System campuses preparing for return of precollege and youth programs this summer - University of Wisconsin System - May 6th, 2021
- WI Daily: 639 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 5th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Ron Johnson Threatens Republicans - Bruce Thompson - May 5th, 2021
- WI Daily: 721 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 4th, 2021
- DHS Connecting Vaccinators with Groups Wanting On-Site Vaccination Clinics - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - May 4th, 2021
- WI Daily: 349 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - May 3rd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here