AFP-WI Files Amicus Brief in State Legislature’s Lawsuit
MADISON, WI—Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin (AFP-WI) today filed an amicus brief in the Wisconsin State Supreme Court regarding the Wisconsin Legislature’s suit following Governor Evers’ safer-at-home extension.
Included in the brief, AFP-WI State Director Eric Bott, released the following statement:
“There are commonsense ways people can work together to develop an approach that both protects health and keeps food on the table. By respecting core separation-of-powers principles and honoring the legislature and public’s role in addressing the crisis, government is more likely to develop the goodwill necessary for successful outcomes. ”
Last week, AFP-WI issued a statement of support in response to the Wisconsin Legislature’s lawsuit.
For further information or an interview, reach Nicole Tardif at NTardif@afphq.org or (571) 329-0161.
Through broad-based grassroots outreach, Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is driving long-term solutions to the country’s biggest problems. AFP activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit, where people succeed by helping one another. AFP recruits and unites Wisconsinites behind a common goal of advancing policies that will help people improve their lives. For more information, visit www.AmericansForProsperity.org
- MKE County: After Stabilizing, COVID-19 Could Be Rising - Graham Kilmer - Dec 4th, 2020
- WI Daily: Active Hospitalizations Lower Than They Were A Month Ago - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 4th, 2020
- DHS Announces New COVID-19 Guidance on Quarantine Duration - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Dec 4th, 2020
- Families Struggle With Child Care Amid School Closures, Virtual Learning - Madeline Fox - Dec 4th, 2020
- Local Leaders Call for Additional Federal COVID-19 Relief - Henry Redman - Dec 4th, 2020
- WI Daily: 4,618 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Evers Announces $78 Million in COVID-19 Business Grants - Danielle Kaeding - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Federal and State Action Needed on COVID Relief for Wisconsin - State Sen. Jon Erpenbach - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Vos Pandemic Plan Sets Up Political Battle - Melanie Conklin and Erik Gunn - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Gov. Evers Announces $15 Million in Grants Distributed to Wisconsin’s Live Music and Entertainment Venues - Gov. Tony Evers - Dec 3rd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by AFP Wisconsin